jacquiro Guest

Default Is Fleurville ST big enough for new mom?

Hi all. I'm about to buy my 1st baby bag (actually, I already picked up a messenger-style Skip Hop for DH to use, and for practical bag for stroller) and I really think I want the Fleurville Sling Tote. I'm read some great posts about it here and I think it's adorable and functional-looking, but I just want to make sure it'll be big and practical enough for me. I tend to be an overpacker, but don't want to be. However, as a mom-to-be, I still don't even have a clue what I'll need with me on a regular basis. I figure that in addition to all the baby stuff, I'll likely have my wallet, phone, palm pilot, and possibly a small make-up bag with me. Do you think everything will fit?

Also, are these really easy to clean? I was given a Petunia Picklebottom that I returned b/c of the cleaning issue. I tend to throw around my totes a lot and I want something I don't have to worry about much.

Thanks!

jacquiro Guest

Default Uh oh- just discovered T&L bags..which to buy?

Ok...more questions for all you experts. Just looked up the Timi & Leslie bags after seeing posts about them here and think they're really cute too. I would definitely get the Large Bebe, though size looks similar to the Fleurville ST. Wondering if anyone has opinions as too which is more user-friendly, cuter, etc.
    Thanks!

jasabo Guest

Default RE: Is Fleurville ST big enough for new mom?

I think you'll have enough room with the ST. The organization is really great. Not sure about the durability as I haven't used one. Some people had trouble with the Mothership's vinyl lining, which is similar, if not the same, to the ST. But I never had any probs with my MS. The only thing I didn't like about the ST was that it seemed a little bulky to me when I tried it on as a messenger. If you remove the messenger strap and carry it as a tote, you probably wouldn't have that problem. And you'd definitely have enough room for a newborn, IMO.

Lisa - mom to 23 month old twin boys

Hmm, I have a ST, and I LOVE it. It really depends on what you pack, if you breastfeed or bottlefeed, etc. I pack a lot, and my bag is pretty stuffed. Of course, my DS is 11 months old, so I'm packing somewhat differently now than I did as a newborn. Plus, I bottlefed, and always packed enough to be out all day. The ST does have a lot of organization, though, so it's easy to keep your things seperate from baby's. Right now, in mine, I pack:
    -Wipes case and 3-4 size 4 disp. diapers in elasticized pockets on one side inside bag
    -Bottle in bottle pocket, with Avent cold pack
    -Little necessities (hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, diaper cream, diaper trash bags, etc.) in elasticized pockets on other side inside bag
    -Main compartment inside holds extra outfit, burp cloth, formula dispenser, toys, baggie of baby food and anything else we need for the day
    -one outer section holds my stuff: keys, chapstick, pen, sunglasses, cell phone, wristlet with license/credit cards, lipstick & compact (has lined pockets especially for phone/sunglasses)
    -I keep messenger strap and changing pad stowed in other outer section

So, as you can see, I am a very heavy packer. In fact, I tend to carry a purse and a diaper bag, but I'm trying to pare down to 1 bag! The ST helps with that, but it is totally stuffed. When DS was a newborn, I carried more diapers, more bottles, and more burp clothes, but no toys and baby food. There is only one bottle pocket, if that makes a difference. I haven't had any experience with T&L, but I did have a PPB. The PPB is bigger and has 4 bottle pockets. But, I sold mine b/c it would have been impossible to clean, and the changing pad was pretty useless. (And b/c it was uncomfortable as a backpack, which is why I wanted it.) Another reason I love the ST is the o-rings to attach to the stroller, but since you have a Skip Hop, you'll have that covered! I like the size of the ST also b/c I'm petite, so I don't want a huge, luggage-like bag (even though I pack a lot.) HTH!

jacquiro Guest

Default Thanks!

Thank you...this was really helpful! I still have no idea how to even pack a diaper bag since DB hasn't arrived yet, but I'm definitely going to buy this bag. I figure I can always pick up a cheap LL Bean one if I need a bigger bag too.

Thanks for the help!

I was debating which bag to take when we went away this weekend (I have both the Sling Tote and the Timi & Leslie Large Bebe) and I was definitely able to fit more stuff in the T&L. I think the Sling Tote will make a great every day, run-around bag but with 2 in diapers (and sippy cups, and snacks...), the T&L was better for a longer trip. I had actually put it away for a few months and I forgot how much I love that bag.

Can't go wrong with either though!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks