Default Backseat Organizer for Car

I am looking for something to organize all the baby gear (extra diaper, bottles, toys, etc.) in the back seat, probably one of those over the seat things. Anyone have suggestios of ones you like, or ones I should avoid?

Thanks.
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

NYSarah Guest

Default RE: Backseat Organizer for Car

Julie --

I just had to search for one of these myself (I couldn't find one in any store we tried!) and ended up getting [a href="http://www.ebags.com/case_logic/back_seat_organizer/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=57181"]this one[/a] at ebags. They have several, some with coolers and other things, but this one was the best one for my needs (and cheap!)

Just FYI - I think I saw the same ones that Sarah posted the link about at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I didn't get them, but got TWO of the Case Logic Cargo Bags http://www.caselogic.com/folding_car...?modelid=42840

(Much cheaper at BB&B, BTW, than list price!)

One I keep in the trunk stuffed with extra baby stuff, sling, shopping cart cover, empty cloth bags. The other I keep folded up and use for groceries.
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Thanks. I saw the Case Logic when I was searching online and thought it looked good. Glad to know it is working for you...it always helps to hear from others. I'm headed to Target today and I wonder if they carry it...if not, tomorrow I think I'll head to BB&B to look for the backseat thing and the trunk thing.

Thanks again ladies.
    Julie

adelynsmom Guest

I was looking for a trunk organizer on Ebags and I found a neat little trunk organizer and when I got it it came with a free backseat organizer, the kind that straps to the back of the seat. I don't know if they're still having that deal, but it's worth a look :) The trunk organizer is a lifesaver for me too since I have an SUV and now all our extra supplies have a place. I pack all of our extra diapers/wipes, clothes, etc in the trunk and use the backseat thing for toys, books, etc.

bbagel Guest

I have the Case Logic Back Seat Organizer in the car (the one Sarah mentioned). I got mine at Target 3 years ago, so I don't remember the price, but I think it was around $10. It's in the Auto section. They have it online too: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00011KM2E.

When my husband drives, I usually sit in the back with DD. The backseat organizer is a life saver! The bottle pocket is large enough for the Wet Wipes case. In the mesh pocket, I put a water bottle for me. In the other bigger pockets, I stuff burp cloths, toys, and other miscellaneous things I want to keep in the car.

We have a Toyota Camry, and the only slight problem is that unless you push the passenger seat all the way to the front, the backseat organizer will hit your knee, especially when it's full. I'm 5'4 so usually it's not a problem for me, but just thought I'd mention it. If the car was any smaller, or if I was any taller, the organizer would definitely be in my way. As it is, it's not too big of a problem.

Hope this helps!

Definitely helps. I just got back from Target and they didn't have them. Most of the time it is just DS and me so I'm not overly worried about it hitting anyone's knees, but that is good to know.

Tomorrow I will try to go to BB&B and if I have no luck there I think I will go ahead and order it online since you and Sarah both say the case logic works for you.

Thanks.
    Julie