Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    adelynsmom Guest

Default Fleurville Sling Tote new colors?

I heard that there are a few new colors coming out, but has anyone seen pictures? Is there a new blue color?

My situation: I'm buying this for a gift for my SIL who's due in December. She does not know what she's having so I don't want to get one too girly. I'm not very keen on the plain black one, just seems boring to me. Also her stroller is Navy Blue and one of the main reasons I'm buying this specific bag is so she can hook on to her stroller.

I mean, she is the one carrying it, so I don't see why I HAVE to get her one that's gender neutral because she's a girl anyway, lol, so if I had to get one now, I'd probably get floral sky, or gold flower, neither of which actually match her stroller, but I like the patterns :) I think the Pink (green) stripe is cute and the black would probably be better for the stroller than brown (the bars are black) but it seems kinda girly and actually she's not a very flashy kind of person, so I don't even think she'd like it. Or should I try to find an aqua stripe? Isn't that color discontinued?

Any new color info or suggestions for color for my SIL??

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Fleurville Sling Tote new colors?

I'm not so sure the Aqua Stripe is discontinued ... I've seen on a few sites that it's backordered until Spring 2006. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. Honestly, with the color scheme of the stroller, I would think the Aqua Stripe would be your best bet. The new blue that I heard about is a Tiffany Blue, which I'm *guessing* is like the classic Tiffany (jeweler) blue. FWIW, I have a boy and just bought an Escape Pod and a Sling Tote in Gold Flower. They are my first "girlie" diaper bags, and I am in love with them both. My son never carries the diaper bag anyway. ;)

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here's one that says backordered until Spring 2006: http://www.oh-howcute.com/fleurslintot.html.

This one says that it usually ships the next day, so maybe you'll get lucky and they have one in stock:
    http://www.mommyshop.com/flpistslto3m.html.

This one doesn't say it's out of stock either: http://www.jetsetbaby.com/jsb/jsp/product.jsp?pid=fsa.

Another:
    http://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-lo....htm?E+scstore.

I can't vouch for any of these stores, as I just did a quick Google search. Hope that helps you out!

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

Karen426 Guest

I haven't seen pictures, but there's supposed to be a tiffany blue coming out soon. I don't know that it would look great with navy. I think the white cord one due to come out would look nicer. I've seen the aqua stripe in person, and I just didn't like it. The stripes look a little less clean than the pink stripe fabric. Here's a close-up of the swatch:

http://store.nordstrom.com/popup/pro...=Blue%20Stripe

Hope that helps! You can still get it at some retailers, but I think it might be the old sling tote with the built in bottle holder.

-Karen

adelynsmom Guest

wow, thanks for all the links, I'll check them all out in a sec. Maybe I'll show my SIL and see if she likes it, she already knows I'm getting her diaper bag anyway :)

adelynsmom Guest

That's what I was afraid of, I kinda wanted the new ST with the removable bottle holder. I have the Alpha 7 and I hate how that thing takes up so much room, it's like half the bag on my A7.

Default RE: Fleurville Sling Tote - Blue Stripe

According to Fleurville:

"Our factory is having a hard time sourcing the Aqua Blue fabric. We will be doing that fabric again, but it probably will not be available until next Spring."

I had emailed them about something else and asked about the blue stripe because I was curious; the above quote was the reply.

I actually have the blue stripe and love it....I am not a flower person so those patterns, although very pretty, just aren't "me". I am a bit bummed that the bottle holder is now detachable, whereas mine isn't, but as I told a friend of mine I would rather have the blue stripe without a detachable bottle holder than another pattern with one! :P

Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here is what they told me when I asked that question a couple of months ago

"Thank you for your interest in Fleurville products.
    We will be coming out with a Black Cord with silver
    in September, and a White Cord and a Tiffany Blue
    Cord both with silver interior in November."

HTH
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Karen426 Guest

And it makes the A7 look lopsided/uneven when it's not packed to the gills, too. And then the top flap doesn't stick down properly centered. That's the one thing I hate about the A7.

-Karen

adelynsmom Guest

I couldn't agree more. That's why I don't carry the A7 with me, I leave it in the car and take to drop off at Grandma's.

I'm actually looking for myself for a good toddler bag. The only requirement I have is that it's tall enough for, and has 1 cup holder on the inside of the bag, for a somewhat-wide sippy cup (some of the bottle holders are way too skinny). I've just been using my normal purses for the last year for quick trips, shopping, etc., but I am so sick of the darn sippy cup leaking everywhere if it falls over. But we really don't have need for a full size diaper bag, for her all I have in my purse is 1 diaper, plastic wipes case, plastic bib, sippy cup, hand sanitizer. Then my stuff, like wallet, phone, light cosmetics/feminine products. Do you have any suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast