94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Dumb question about baby sherpa cooler

We're going on our first plane trip this Saturday (we're flying from CA to DC.) I'll be using the Baby Sherpa Long Haul as my carry-on. Since I exclusively pump BM for dd, I want bring a few bottles of cold BM onto the plane with us. (I'll be pumping the flight, but I just want to make sure I have extra - just in case.)

I was wondering how long the cooler compartment (and bottle holder) keeps things cold. I'll probably pack some sandwiches as well.

Do I need to put in some sort of ice pack to keep it cold, or is that silvery lining enough to keep my items cold?

TIA for any advice!
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Default RE: Dumb question about baby sherpa cooler

When we've taken ours to the beach I put an 6-pack ice pack in there, but that's mainly because I want to be able to put back bottles in the fridge at the end of the day if DS didn't use it. I would at least put one ice pack in there to keep it a bit cool although BM can be at room temp for a few hours.

One note...we use Avent bottles which are notorious leakers if not on right and had a hard time keeping bottles upright in there and not leaking so on our airplane trip we packed the bottom with blankets and clothes and then put a Similac cooler and icepacks in the main compartment so we could pull them out and make sure they stayed upright.

HTH. Amy

heatherlynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Melinda,

I had a BS, but sold it to a very nice swapper. ;)

Anyway, I would freeze a couple of 8oz water bottles beforehand and use those. That way, you'll also have some extra water in case you need it.

Have a fun trip! I love WDC.

H-
    Heather
    dd 3/98
    ds 8/04
    and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably go with the frozen water bottles.

And thanks again for the BS, Heather!

Wish me luck on my first plane trip with dd! We're headed to my parents' home, so it'll actually be a vacation for me. We're going to leave dd with grandma so we can museum hop for a day or two. Gonna spend some quality time with dh. :)
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009