jordan1212 Guest

Default A couple questions on the sling tote before I buy.

I can't see them in person, but I like the blue and gold floral prints. I prefer the blue because I plan to buy a blue umbrella stroller one day, but I don't want the blue to clash with my P3 that is that metallica (red/silver) color. What do you think?
    Also, I have the houndstooth mothership bag that I never use because its too big and bulky. Is this going to be better, or is it still bulky to carry on your shoulder?

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: A couple questions on the sling tote before I buy.

I cannot answer about the MS but I have a Pink Chocolate Sling Tote & the Metallica P3. I love them both & don't have any issues putting the ST on the P3. But I'm one not to care if they "match" or not. So, in my opinion just get what you like. :)
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

lizziebee Guest

Hi there,

I just got the gold flower ST. I like the floral sky as well, but to me that blue looked a little harder to match so I went with the gold flower instead. It does have some blue in it, almost a cornflower blue. Also has red. Both the floral sky and gold flower have a fair amount of gold in the print as well. A great website in general, expressivetoys.com, also has a wonderful picture where you can see a close-up of the fabrics (on the mothership, not the slingtote). Try this: http://store1.yimg.com/I/expressivetoys_1870_2

Hope that helps :-)

Liz

lizziebee Guest

hmmm. that link didn't work. try this: http://tinyurl.com/ayhmn

jordan1212 Guest

Great, that site helped a lot thanks. I bought the gold flower, I agree that it will go with more. They are both pretty, but with my red stroller, the gold should look good. If it were April I may have went with the blue, it seems like a Spring/Summer color. I can't wait to get it!

lizziebee Guest

Yay! A new bag on the way. Fun. Hope you like the gold flower. I hope it's perfect for you. But if for some reason it's not, you might want to check out the babybags swap board on yahoo:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

That's both a wonderful and a dangerous place to hang out. You could probably find someone who wants a gold flower st and also find a deal on a floral sky. But then you'll also probably find 10 bags you never knew you couldn't live without. It's much easier not to be tempted if you don't know what temptations are out there. But then that's a whole different story. I'm sure you'll love your sling tote :-).

Best of luck with the bag.

Lizzie

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had almost the identical dilemma (except I have a 2005 Black Sable P3, which has black, red and silver). I am a freak about matching stuff and I couldn't deal with the black and brown (trim on the Gold Flower ST), so I had to buy a Mac Ryder in Chestnut! I love them both. And if I don't have the ST overloaded with extra stuff, it doesn't tip on me.

Hope you love your new diaper bag as much as I do!!

PS: I was in line at the Wiggles concert at MSG on Saturday and there was another mama with the same exact diaper bag as mine .... so we got to chatting. Funny how little things bring you together. :P

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

jordan1212 Guest

Default I love the ST, its perfect

I wish I had bought this first. I couldn't wait to buy stuff while I was pregnant and I ended up with so much I don't use now. I think I will keep my mothership bag since it would be a nice bag for travel or if we have 2 kids. This slingtote is the perfect size and I love the circle things to hang on my P3. I almost bought the black sable P3 too, they are nice colors.