Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which print would you pick? Please help 1st time mommy.

Hi everyone,

This is my very first post but I have been a long time looker. I have searched this board top to bottom researching everything for my dd due in March. Well dh wants to buy me a really nice diaper bag for Christmas this year and I have a code for 20% off the posh baby ultimate diaper bag. I am thinking this bag will work perfectly as my everyday bag. I like the petunia pickle bottom style but never a huge fan of the material. From what I can tell the posh baby ultimate diaper is basically the same bag with different material.

My dilema is which pattern to pick: Bella or Etta? Any opinions? Does anyone have the bag in either of these prints or seen them irl? I would like to use this bag everyday & year round. I am leaning towards the Bella print but do you think it would be ok to carry in the winter (I live in the burbs outside Chicago)?

I tried to attach the pictures but couldn't get it to work. Below is a link to the site:
    http://www.poshbaby.com/posh_bags.html#bags

Thank You So Much!
    Amelia
    dd #1 due in March

PS- If anyone is interested, the code for 20% off any poshbaby.com bag is GRATEFUL. It is good till the end of the month.

iceprincess919 Guest

Default RE: Which print would you pick? Please help 1st time mommy.

I really like the Chocfern, but I would choose the Etta.

HTH
    Erin

meshell Guest

First off, welcome!

I would choose the Etta print. It seems more versatile and will "go" with more stuff. And, if you get into a stroller obsession, this will match nicely with a variety of stroller. Sounds crazy, I know, but just you wait...

But really, go with what you LOVE. I've found that too many times I've been swayed by hype or practicality, and I always end up using stuff that I really LOVE. Especially when it comes to diaper bags.

Good luck!

I like the Etta also. But I should confess that half of my wardrobe is brown or some other earth tone. Etta looks less diaper bag-ish to me, so, like the previous poster said, it might be more versatile. But I definitely agree that you should go with whichever one speaks to you more. All of the fabrics are beautiful.

Forgot to mention... I wouldn't worry about seasonal issues. If you decide you don't like it for the winter, it's just a good excuse to buy a different bag for those months of the year! ;)

(but I think it's fine for year-round if you love it)

sleo25 Guest

Just wanted to chime in - I like the Etta better as well, it would probably go with more things , clothing, stroller, etc.

I wanted to also let you know that I have te posh baby bag and it's really quite a large bag. I've never had a PPB but I think the posh is larger than the PPB. It actually ended up being too big for me with one child. I think it would be a great bag with two kids though. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up--I checked out the size difference and the posh bag is 1.5" longer and .5" wider than the PPB. If it does turn out to be too big then I guess it is another reason to buy a new bag-lol!

Also as an FYI we are planning on getting the 2006 Bumbleride flyer in either the pumpkin (assuming it will still be offered) or the new salmon color. Figures the new colors are up on bumblerides site in December & my code will have expired by then.

Thanks for the opinions & I look forward to hearing from others.

Amelia
    dd#1 due in March

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Okay, I guess I'll be the lone Bella supporter. For me, definitely the Bella over the Etta. I don't try to match my diaper bag to my outfits, though. I just have too many other things to worry about. I tend to go for brighter, more cheerful colors. Personally, I am carrying a very colorful bag that many might say is not a "winter" bag but I prefer a little added color and cheer to get me thru the winter "blahs".

Good Luck and hope you love whichever you choose.
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the Etta. But I agree with the other posters, get the print that you really like!
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

deleted - double post. Sorry.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast