sms3 Guest

Default Need Suggestions for Backpack/ Messenger Diaper Bag

Can anyone recommend a stylish diaper bag that converts from being a backpack to being an over-the-shoulder bag that is reasonably priced? Currently, my only bag is a Skip Hop Duo but I am beginning to find that I cannot fit all of my daughter’s gear into it anymore and need something new. Any suggestions that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

lizziebee Guest

Default RE: Need Suggestions for Backpack/ Messenger Diaper Bag

Great question. Guess it depends on what price range you want. You'll get great ideas from everyone else, but here are a few that come to mind:

Have you considered a Kecci Shanghai Mommybag? Kecci.com. They retail for $50-something but you can often find good deals on ebay or through the babybags swap group on yahoo. Pluses: gorgeous silk brocades with pretty colors, lots of room, very versatile, easy-to-switch straps, which are in the same fabric as the bag, and they're washable (if you use a gentle cycle). Cons: Can be very floppy, and even though they have good interior pockets and bottle holders on the side there's a bit of a black hole effect with the bag. Oh, and when they first arrive you'll probably need to air out the bag. The fabric seems to have a chemically or gassy smell when you first unpack it, but it goes away after some fresh air.

Bumblebags Jessica. Look at bumblebags.com for fabrics. These are pricier, but you can find deals on ebay. I don't have a jessica messenger/packpack, but I'd like one. And people rave about the organization. Plus the prints are great. I think they retail for $120, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps a little. I'm sure you'll be hearing from some of the serious experts soon!

I would say either the Petunia Pickle Bottom or Shanghai if you like brocade, and the Bumble Jessica or the Posh Ultimate Diaper Bag (right now they have a 20% code, too). I have both the Jessica and the Posh, and have had a PPB. All would offer you more room than the Duo.
    Jenn :)

sorry double post :)

sms3 Guest

Thank you for the suggestions. Would a Kecci or a Petunia Pickle Bottom fit in the basket of my P3?

Suzanne

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Don't forget the JuJuBe Packabe!!! I have one in the Perky Perennials and I love, love, love it! It is by far my favorite of the diaper bags I have tried.(I wish I would have skipped the previous 7 or 8) :).

Really great organization and fun,too!

Good Luck!

(Jen at expressivetoys.com is great too!)

Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05