Thread: Bundle Me

K-Bear is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Bundle Me

I purchased the Bundle Me today and used it for the first time in DD's stroller. What do people think of it? How warm does it keep the kids? My daughter is 8 weeks old...the thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't provide any warmth around her head and the possibility of air gaps.

Does anyone have any problems with it? Or are there better products for keeping the babies warm in the stroller?

I like the idea of the Lillebaby but haven't been able to see one in real life to see how warm/functional it is.

Default RE: Bundle Me

I used the fleece bundle me most of the winter last year. Troy grew out of the infant carrier in January, but I still used it in his stroller until the spring. I loved it. I did tuck an extra blanket under it to cover his neck and chest, and of course he had a good hat on too. The best part was that he would fall asleep in the car and I could bring him in the house and just unzip the blanket and let him sleep in the carrier rather than take him out and take off a bulky coat.

I would never try to go without it through the winter with an infant.

Janet
    Mom to Troy 5/31/04

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just wanted to point out that a Bundle Me should not be used with an infant car seat (or car seat of any kind). Because part of it is behind the baby, it may interfere with the operation of the harness straps. In addition, the fabric will compress in the event of a crash, leaving a larger than acceptable space between the harness and the baby.

Instead, use something that fits over the seat like a shower cap. Gold Bug and Kiddopotamus are two brands.

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    BFARed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

amp Guest

Agree w/ Deb!

One of our very own WAHM's, Angela (AngelaS) makes carseat carrier covers that go on like a shower cap and she does great work. I should know...I own one! Here's her website in case anyone is interested.

http://www.cornpatchcreations.net/

As far as warmth on really cold days, I would consider adding a blanket under a cover if necessary.

>Because part of it is behind the baby, it may interfere with
    >the operation of the harness straps.

I don't understand...... are we not supposed to put a jacket on our child either? Instead, do we just pile blankets on top of them?
    Rebecca
    DS 9/05
    DS 6/07

jordan1212 Guest

I was told at a carseat checksite no thick heavy coats, only lightweight ones for carseat safety. They said to do the blankets on top.

LOVED my bundle me so much that i just went out and got the toddler size for this winter. Worked GREAT in my mac Triumph and i got SO many comments on how warm max looked. He was always toasty warm. You can find 'em cheap at TJ Maxx too!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nice quality fleece jackets/buntings are about as thick as you should get in the car seat.

With a puffy jacket, you are not able to get the harness tight against the child's body. In the event of a crash, the puffy-ness of the jacket will compress, leaving too much space between the child and the harness straps, increasing the risk of ejection.

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
    (Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg