Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ladybugmom6 Guest

Default Diaper bag help needed!!! Need to size up a tad...

I'm literally driving myself crazy trying to decide on a diaper bag. I'm currently using a Clutterbags custom tote, and as much as I love it it's just not big enough now that we're in the baby food, toys, sippy cup, bigger clothing stage. I have a LE Do It All that I suppose I could pull out and use, but it's boring and bigger than I want to carry everyday, better for overnight, imo. Whether the bag attaches to a stroller is no big deal, since we drive everywhere and almost never use the stroller anyway. I keep a bigger, emergency bag in the car and pack fairly light really, but we do use cloth diapers. My current bag is about 12"W x 10"H x 4 1/2"D, and I really want something just a little, not enormously, bigger than this, like maybe something about this tall but just a little wider and a tad deeper. It seems like so many bags are either smallish or huge! I need something bigger than a Little Tripper but not as big as a Do It All. I'm not a fan of backpacks or messenger style bags with flaps you have to lift to get to the main compartment. One thing I love about my tote is easy access without having to unzip, unvelcro, etc. The flap is the one thing that turned me off of the Skip Hop Dash, otherwise I think I'd give it a try. I guess I like totes, but I want something instock or with a really quick turn around time if I go that route.

Has anyone tried these? The price sure is good.

http://www.weceedee.com/javaproduct13.htm

I keep eyeing the Chester classic diaper bags that are on sale for $60. Those are pretty cute, but I don't know if they would be big enough. It seems like the ones on sale are smaller than the new ones. I'm even considering the backpacks, and I'm not even a backpack person!

Help!!! I need to just make up my mind and order a bag from somewhere I guess.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance :-)

audball Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag help needed!!! Need to size up a tad...

Lexie Barnes Darling...great size and now great price at www.mylittle ducks.com. Use code STYLIN20 for 20% off...valid until December 15th...It's 12x12x3, but it fits quite a bit - it probably has to do with the (uninsulated, mesh) bottle pockets being on the outside, freeing up the inside.

Backpack that's stylish and organized: Bumble Bags Madeline...no shoulder or tote strap option.

You could try to find a Fleurville Alpha 7...

I love the Chester backpacks, but it does get things a little jumbled up in there (it just has one small zip pocket in back interior and two bottle pockets inside the bag).

Check out the Ju-ju-be bags as well (www.ju-ju-be.com) - I would try their Be Small or their Packabe...

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you checked out he Skip Hop Expo?
    Eden 9/04

ladybugmom6 Guest

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I checked out all the ones you mentioned except for the Alpha 7, and I couldn't find that one. There are several things I like about so many bags, but for each bag there is also a thing or two that I'm not crazy about and makes me hesitate to order. Ugh.. I'm so indecisive. I'm beginning to think there is no "perfect" bag, and I just need to order one.

And...

I keep coming back to the Dash. For some reason I almost feel like I "have" to at least try one, despite my issue with the flap/velcro. I think it would be nice to have one for occasional use even if it doesn't work for us for everyday. Like times when we do use the stroller...amusement parks, zoo, mall..

How long does it take to get approved for the Yahoo board? I signed up to join yesterday but haven't heard anything. I can't wait to peruse the sale list over there.

Thanks again for your help :D

ladybugmom6 Guest

Yes, I saw the Expo, but I think it'd be too tall for me...

I think I'm going to at least try a Dash, and if it doesn't work for everyday use I may just keep it for occasional use as a stroller bag. I can't believe I now think $65-75 is a low price for a diaper bag! Man, I remember several years ago when I thought I was really splurging on a $30-40 LE bag!

audball Guest

I would give it at least 3-5 days. It's the holidays and just like everyone else, I'm sure the moderator(s) will be getting some much deserved family-time in :)...

It's a great board and there are always a very good list of bags that make the rotation for sale...

ladybugmom6 Guest

Well, I ordered a denim Dash from Expressive Toys. Can't wait to get it!! I'll post an update after it arrives. Thanks again for your help :-)

m448 Guest

I'm due with #2 next month and also a cloth diaper mom. I've been using a loom marsupial for the past year or so but alas I needed to get something just a touch bigger. I finally decided on a Wendy Bellissimo tote that I spotted at BRUs. I was surprised to see something like that in store since I tend not to browse there often for diaper bags.

It's the light tan with dark brown accents and all the sections open with strong magnets except the center section (zipper), has an outside pocket for the changing pad and two exterior pockets for sippies, water bottes, etc. It's just a touch taller than my marsupial and better distributed on the inside. I am going to apply some Nikwax on it to keep it in good condition and am considering buying some purse feet to retrofit the bottom.

The best part is that it actually looks like a good looking bag - not a diaper bag. I'll selfishly admit that satisfies the bag/shoe freak in me. ;)

ladybugmom6 Guest

I looked at our BRUs last week but didn't see anything I liked. It seems like our BRU doesn't have the best selection all the time. I ended up ordering a Skip Hop Dash yesterday, but I'll have to add the Bellissimo to my growing list of bag possibilities should the Dash not work for us. Do you know the measurements of your new bag?

Cd'ing a nb tushie is so much fun. Best wishes with your little one :-)

m448 Guest

here's the bag I bought:

http://www.wendybellissimo.com/produ...ags/toffee.php

can't find the dimensions online and it's packed away but it's definitely about 2-3" taller than my marsupial and just a tad wider/deeper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast