Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    knaidel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default ARGH. I have not yet found a diaper bag that meets my needs!

Okay, well, I'm back to the drawing board again. Here are my requirements:

1) bigger than my Skip Hop Dash: I use cloth diapers, plus often carry a wrap or pouch in the bag, and the dash isn't cutting it. However, I do like the more rectangular shape of the dash. I don't want anything that's too boxy, where I'll feel like I'm knocking into people.

2) zippered pockets. that's why the bumble bag didn't work. I need a place to keep my wallet and keys without being paranoid that they'll fall out. I would also prefer if the bag has a zippered closure, not one of those magnet thingies.

3) an adjustable strap, long enough to wear messenger style.

4) under $100- tough, eh? I would get something used.

The ju ju be bag is basically the same size as the Dash. Does anyone have a Caden Lane messenger- would that work? Someone on Swap is selling theirs, and I have a gift card to Nordstrom's somewhere.

I don't need anything fancy or cool looking, a plain black bag would probably work!

-rachel

Default RE: ARGH. I have not yet found a diaper bag that meets my needs!

A small timbuk2 might work for you, but it might be too small b/c of the CD's and the pouch. I really like mine, it has a zippered pocket that runs the lenght of the front of the bag, this is where I keep all my stuff, then I have a divider, which has a pouch in it, so there are three more compartments for baby stuff. there are some small zippered pockets in the front section to keep small things like paci's, baby motrin, etc. If you want I can pack mine up for you with things you put in yours, though I don't have CD's and take pics. The small may be too small, but the medium would be way to big. So if the small doesn't work, you would need something else.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

lmariana Guest

I think the Timbuk2 is a great suggestion. Lots of space and good zippered pockets inside.

I'd also recommend a Timi and Leslie Large Bebe Bag. It has a zippered pocket on the outside of the bag that you could put your wallet and keys in. It has an adjustable strap and is a great size for what you carry. It does have a magnetic closure though, but it's always been secure enough for me.

There's also the Chelsey Henry Weekender Baby bag. That one has a zippered closure and is larger than the Dash. I've always been very pleased with Chelsey Henry's quality.

Hope this helps a bit!

Mariana
    Mom to Gabe (8/03) and Atom (10/05)
    www.heinzandmariana.com

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31002.jpg

audball Guest

The first thing I thought of was a dadgear bag, but only because it's big, and has a lot more organization than my Timbuk2. I was thinking that you would want a medium messenger, at least, with the cloth diapers and the pouch...

http://dadgear.com/gear_detail.cfm?itemID=21#

Have you seen the Superstar by Lexiebarnes (www.lexiebarnes.com)? It is supposed to be really roomy...measures a couple inches longer (wider) than the Dash and a little deeper. I'm not sure whether or not it has zippered compartments though. And it is $120..but maybe with a discount code someplace....

Also, there's the JuJuBe Be-All - it's about the same height and width as the Dash, but deeper...maybe the extra depth would make the difference for you, and it does have some zippered compartments:

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/beall.html
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

thanks for those suggestions. I am going to check out a timbuk2 and dadgear bag.

I actually had a jujube all bag, I sold it because I need a bag with an adjustable strap. The prints on the Lexi Barnes bags are not really my taste.

keep 'em coming, folks! But these are a good starting point! I guess I can also order a bag or two from ebags and see what works, and return what doesn't.

Reena, thanks for your offer, but I am sure you have better things to do with your time than pack up a bag for me! thanks anyway, I will just "guesstimate" based on the given dimensions. Oh, Reeena, BTW, now that there is snow on the ground, I finally got the go ahead to buy a valco (or MB, or whichever).

-Rachel

Well, I can pack up my bag for you after the 23rd.

Cool! I hope you love your stroller.

Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

ckleist Guest

How about a Lesportsac Deluxe Messenger, lots of zippered pockets and an adjustable shoulder strap. Very stuffable. Lesportsac also has a 25% off $100 coupon code floating around.

you know, I was thinking of the LeSportsac one. I saw that they are on sale at Lord and Taylor. However, the measurements are 11 x 15 X 6, vs the Dash, which 13 X 11 X 4, so I have to figure out how much bigger that really is. (Can you tell I dropped math as soon as I could :D?)

ckleist Guest

Here's some pics if that would help. There are a couple comparison pics next to the everyday bag, which is 9.75x14x5 (expands to 7"), and you can definitely fit a lot more into the messenger but it doesn't feel huge to me.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_klei.../ph//my_photos

I saw someone on babybags had an all black one for sale for $30, and I've got a NWT for sale on ebay which will be ending in less than an hour (the color was too bold for me). And if you call the outlet stores, they have them for anywhere from 30-50% off, but they don't have all the patterns. If you get it from the outlet, you can't return it though (which is why I'm selling the eclipse black and white pattern).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast