Default Diaper bag for 3 children, any suggestions?

I'm debating if I'm going to use my old LE DIA, or if I should get a new bag. I will have a potty trained 4 1/2 year old (usually carry a change of clothes for her), a 2 1/2 year old in diapers (but hopefully trained by summer - usually carry change of clothes for him too and diap/wipes) and a newborn sometime soon! I also carry some snacks, juice cups, small baggie of first aid, purell, sometimes my wallet and cell, some books. Adding the newborn will add a lot more though!

One thing I really look for is a separate area for changing pad.

Some bags I was thinking of:

Skip Hop Dash: only thing I might not like is that you have to remove handle to attach to stroller, am using a Duo knockoff and don't like removing/reattaching.

Bumble Bags (don't know right name): i think some of them come in messenger/backpack style, but can they attach to stroller too? are they big enough?

Silver LIne Fling: can attach to stroller w/out removing handle, but haven't seen much about that bag here.

Babybaks backpack: can hang from stroller (straps come undone), seems roomy/organized.

I really don't want to spend over $100.

Thanks for your help!

MegND95 Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag for 3 children, any suggestions?

I have three kids, and since #2 was an infant, I used a Lands End Little Tripper for all but day long events. I have recently started looking into another bag, only because my Little Tripper was tipping over alot due to the weight of my things in the parent pocket. And after looking, I asked for Silver Line bag for Christmas. Seems like the perfect fit for my needs. Anyway, many, many people here highly recommended the Dash. Looks like a terrific bag, but was just a little bit bigger than I need right now.

One thing I found (at least for me) is that I carry (even during the newborn phase) significantly less for three kids than I did when I had just one!

Thanks. LEt me know how you like your silver line bag when you get it! I'm not due until feb so will probably buy in january.

I like the organization of my LE DIA, but it is so big and clunky....

Interesting that you said about carrying less! Maybe I'll find I'll be the same!

I have 2 under 2 and I'm saving for the Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag. I know you said not over $100, but I've heard such great things about the organization. I really like bags that have good organization. Right now I'm using my PPB Shoulder Tote and love it, but it's a bit floppy.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

I really need organization. Even though... with it I'm still unorganized! They are pretty pricey bags... would like to see the interior.
    Thanks!

Rach3975 Guest

It probably depends on how much you plan to carry for the newborn, but I'm wondering whether the Dash would even be big enough for you. I don't have one, but I've seen it and am not sure it could hold 2 changes of clothes plus all the newborn necessities. Do you have to carry the oldest child's clothes all the time, or would leaving them in the car be sufficient?

Well, I ususally prefer to have the clothes with me in case we are somewhere and would be incovenient to get to car. I could just pack a pair of generic pants and shirt that would fit the 4 or 2 1/2 year old (DS is big!). However, in the spring will be potty training DS, so hope that would be enough. I can leave a few changes in the car though... Not like we'll be going everywhere with 3 kids anyway! ha ha!