kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Has anyone flown with the Fleurville Mothership?

We are flying from west coast to east coast soon, and I'm not sure how much diaper bag we'll need. We are bring the GoGoKidz and the Marathon (no stroller), and I'm going to curb-check the suitcase. I would like the Fleurville to be our only carry-on. Is this practical? I need to be able to fit enough stuff for myself and two year old ds. (Think protable DVD player, snacks, books, clothing, and dipes). Thanks for any suggestions! :)

Anyone know the best place to buy one online? I was looking at BabyOliver.com. Anyone order from them before? Thanks.

Kelli
    Mommy to the love of my life, Luke
    (April 2003)

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Has anyone flown with the Fleurville Mothership?

I am not sure I would like this bag for that purpose. It is a very pretty bag. I would want something less formed, more smooshable to stowe under the seat etc. The strap on the ms did not work well messenger style for me and going hands free would be really important to me too.
    I would prefer the Superstar or Posh Ultimate for this purpose.
    I have had great luck with expressivetoys.com. Contact them to see if they have any deals going on the bag you pick.

Eden 9/04

I think it could be big enough depending on how much of a packer you are. That's a long flight. When I fly I usually bring a backpack and a diaper bag. The diaper bag goes on the stroller and I carry the backpack.

Last time I flew (6 hrs) I just brought the Skip Hop Dash and the portable DVD player in its case. I think I had diapers, water, snacks, camera, jacket, and probably more stuff I can't think of shoved in the bag. DS carried a small backpack (LL Bean) that had some paperback books, mini magnadoodle, and a few other small toys in it. Some of the stuff we brought like the sticker books went in the diaper bag because they were too big for his backpack.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

I flew with the one I had and it needed to be smooshed quite a bit to get under the seat in front of me. I was afraid of something under the seat damaging the vinyl but thankfully that didn't happen. I have an I'm Still Me So Big backpack that I use for my airtravel now because it is big, smooshable and can be worn as a backpack or messenger. I can get all my stuff in there (wallet, etc) and enough stuff for both girls to get from CA to Chicago...including the portable DVD player, toys, snacks, changes of clothes.

Erika
    Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Rach3975 Guest

We fly from DC to AZ a couple of times a year to see family, and I love my LL Bean Super Deluxe Book Pack for the trip. It easily fits the days-worth of food, toys, diapering supplies, and change of clothes I carry for my 2 year old, and there's room left over for my stuff (wallet, phone, PDA, travel docs, book or magazine, a few snacks). It's comfortable to carry, stuffs under the seat well, and I have no worries about whether it's going to get ripped or stained. I'd never carry it as an everyday diaper bag (it's huge and doesn't have enough organization), but it's something to consider if you're going to buy something just for the trip. I also bring my usual diaper bag, but I send it along empty in the suitcase to use once we're in AZ. Have a good trip!

jasabo Guest

I wouldn't use it. I used mine on a flight and ended up with a bunch of scratches and smudges on the vinyl from stuffing it under the seat. I was really disappointed. Since then, I've always used my Lands End DIA and it's worked great. It's big, fits under the seats, well organized, and most important, it's very durable. And it's cheap, so I don't mind if it gets knocked around a little.

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! I think I'll check out some of the other bags you all mentioned.

Kelli
    Mama to Luke