ckleist Guest

Default Just curious why nobody has opinions on Oi Oi hobo?

I've been trying to get more info on these bags since I can't see them IRL, and there have been several posts by others who are interested in this bag as, but nobody has responded. Has anybody taken the plunge and bought one? If so, can anyone compare it to the Fluerville ST?

TIA

Default RE: Just curious why nobody has opinions on Oi Oi hobo?

I have one, but haven't packed it or used it yet because the color doesn't match anything else I own, lol. I am currently using a ST. When both are unpacked, the hobo is soooo much lighter than the ST. There aren't as many lttle compartments in the hobo as the ST. The hobo has 1 large and 2 sm interior pockets, and two exterior pockets that could fit (I think) a sippy or poland spring size bottle.

I really like the fabric it's made out of. I'm not a huge fan of the vinyl covering of the ST, but kind of accept it for the beautiful fabric underneath.

The hobo can be used as a shoulder tote or a messenger like the ST but you'd just shorten/lengthen the existing strap. The insulated bottle holder in the hobo is removable, while the one in my ST is not. It doesn't make any difference to me, because I just fill up the space in my ST with my wallet.

I could really see using the hobo as an everyday bag for a longer amount of time than the ST. It would make a great toddler tote, and from the outside, doesn't really look like a diaper bag at all.
    HTH a little!

ckleist Guest

Thanks for the great review! I had 2 ST's briefly (and it was surprisinglyk heavy), I had the gold floral, but couldn't get past the vinyl, but it was such a pretty pattern. I exchanged it for a black ST, but it didn't work out for me at the time. I'm looking for a small/med size bag for quick trips for an almost 3 year old (not yet potty trained, and I think it will take a loooong time) and a 15 month old. I really like the 2 exterior bottle holders for sippy cups, adjustable strap, and no messenger flap. And it comes in really nice patterns. I'm looking for something similar to an LE LT, but not so sporty or without the loud prints (like the Lexie Barnes Hanabi).

I like the shape of the hobo better than the ST, I prefer bags that are a little wider than taller, it makes finding stuff easier I think. Is the top of the bag tapered at all so it makes it harder to get stuff in and out?

One other question, another poster commented that the fabric on the hobo was noisy, like plastic grocery bags. I've got several LeSportsac bags (ripstop nylon) and was wondering how the fabric compares to ripstop nylon, because I never noticed them to be noisy.

TIA!

I haven't really noticed a lot of noise from the bag, but like I said, I haven't actually used it just looked at it longingly pretty often;-). It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get things out of it. I put tissue paper in the pockets to take pictures and it seemed to open fairly wide. I think I recognize your id from babybags. I have a hobo over there for sale, and just took a few pics of it, one next to the ST. If you'd like, I can e-mail you the pictures so that maybe you can get a better idea of the inside and size. Just let me know!

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd love to see your pics, I'm contemplating the hobo as my next bag to try. Thanks!
    bleicher77 @ sbcglobal. net (no spaces)
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

You've got mail!

erzzie Guest

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind emailing pictures to me, or posting them here? I'm interested in this bag but having trouble telling how many pockets it has inside and how bit it really is compared to a Sling Tote.

Thanks!

I got one! I actually bought bride805's (I think) over on the babybags board. It is very cute. SO MUCH LIGHTER than the sling tote, but not as well organized. It basically has 2 outside pockets for bottles or sippy cups. I think bottles will fit fine and my skinny sippy cups fit too but not my wider ones. The pockets are not elastic, the are slip pockets that push into the bag kind of thing.
    Inside, there is one wide elastic topped pocket on one side where I put 2 diapers and a disposable changing pad. It can fit more but the lining is loose inside the bag and I find if I load it down it can sag (I don't use a wipes containter but do use those huggies plastic wipes packs that are quite large and heavy so I put that on the bottom of the bag). On the other side of the bag there are 2 smaller elastic topped pockets where I put my wallet, cellphone, chapstick, baby hairbrush, etc. There is also a small key carabiner attached at the top of one of the smaller pockets. The lining of my bag (the orange peacock) has a dark brown lining. It came with a removable bottle holder (insulated) that doesn't fit my sippy cups well and I don't use bottles so I don't use it. It also came with a changing pad and since I use disposable pads I don't use that either. The sling tote has MUCH more organization, a mommy pocket, and is more structured. The oioi can stand on it's own and has a stiff bottom and metal feet (like the ST). But otherwise the oioi is very floppy. I like it at the moment but it definitely is not my "it" bag. I'll probably use it for a little while longer (I have another tote on the way and my old faithful LE LT is currently on it's way back to LE for an exchange due to a seam coming apart) until I have something else to use. But, it's very cute and holds a lot (just not very organized). The strap is adjustable and can be worn as a tote or messenger. It can hang over my stroller handles (both umbrella and bar-styles).
    Take care!

erzzie Guest

Thanks so much for answering! How do you feel about the outward size compared to a sling tote--does it "feel" the same or a lot bigger? I ordered the Hobo from Zappos, so I'm hoping I like it, but if not, free returns are wonderful :)

I'm a little worried about the number of pockets--the Sling Tote definitely seems more functional, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit all my stuff in there....do you think a Sling Tote would hold a receiving blanket, change of clothes, a few diapers, wipes, my checkbook, keys, and probably a skinny bottle of water... and not feel like it's stuffed to the brim?

Ack. Bags are hard to choose online!

Thanks for all the info about your Hobo!

I think the ST would hold that, but it is so heavy and does not open very wide so I'm not sure how easy it would be to access it all. The ST is very structured and not very flexible. It is a very vertical space bag. The OiOi is very floppy and much more stuffable IMO. I really liked the style and organization of the ST but it was just to heavy for me to carry around every day. Like my shoulder hurt after carrying it around for a while! Size wize I think they are similar, maybe the oioi is a bit wider but not as tall. I didn't have them at the same time so I don't have any pics of them together for you though!