abcekids Guest

Default LE Medium Tailored Tote....

I'm looking for a reasonably priced bag that's bigger than my Little Tripper and smaller than my LLBean diaper bag so I ordered the Med. Tailored Tote off of LE Overstocks. As much as I'm wanting to love it (it's purple, my favorite color ;) ) I'm just not having much luck getting it packed so that it doesn't look (and feel) overstuffed.

I cloth diaper, but usually just carry one AIO with me and have some extras in a bag in the car. I thought I would be able to put sippy cups in the outer pockets, but they just barely fit and look silly. I really need to have a cup for both my 2 yr old (who's potty trained) and almost 1 yr old.

Before I haul this back to Sears, does anyone have one and have any tricks to pass along?

Also, any other recommendations for bags about this size that make better use of space? I'm thinking it's the tapered shape that makes it seem to fill up so quick.

TIA!

abcekids Guest

Default RE: LE Medium Tailored Tote....

Well since no one had any ideas....I'll update so maybe some one else can be helped.

I was in Target yesterday and although I wasn't looking for a bag there, one of their EB bags caught my eye as I went down the baby aisle for some other stuff. It was called the midi tote I think (I can't find it online, but it looks like a smaller version of the organizer diaper bag). It has 2 large sippy pockets on the outside, a front pocket for my stuff and although it's smaller, it's nice and boxy shaped so my bulky cloth diapers fit nicely with room to spare. There's an insulated bottle pocket and a divided pocket inside too.

I do hate that it's black inside, but I took out the bottom vinyl covered cardboard support piece and wrapped it with a piece of white paper...that really helped lighten it up in there. I may get some white contact paper for something more permanent.

It was $18.

audball Guest

Unfortunately, I don't have too much experience with the Land's End bag or the Target bag you mentioned. The only ones I can think of, size-wise, that may be between the LLBean and the LT are:

1. Lexie Barnes Darling (about $90)
    2. Timbuk2 Mini Metro or small messenger (no exterior bottle holders)
    3. Chester Handbags diaper bags (www. chesterhandbags.com). Currently, they are offering their available diaper bags for $45, which is 50% off...

Rach3975 Guest

Sorry, but I had the same experience with the Med Tailored Tote. The dimensions make it seem bigger than the LT, but the shape and pocket styles/locations make it hold barely more than the LT. You could try one of the Skip Hop bags. If you like the vertical design, maybe the Duo. If not, the Dash. (Not sure if that's enough different from the LL Bean size-wise to make it worthwhile.)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's funny. Mine just arrived today! I will probably use it for quick trips as I also CD. I like the strap style. Most importantly, it matches my stroller.

At least we didn't pay full price!
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .