Default please help me decide between t&l small and lexie barnes darling

i heve 2 kids, but i am a light packer. i like the look of the t&l, but i'm wondering how the interior organization is. also, is it too vertical to be convenient. the darling looks more functional, but is it too big, boxy and sporty for everyday use? any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: please help me decide between t&l small and lexie barnes darling

I don't have either, but from what I've read about both, they are definitely different bags. The T&L looks too vertical for my taste. Unless there was very little in the bag, it looks like it would be a struggle to find things. The Darling I've heard does not stand up on its own, and doesn't have a very wide opening. I don't know if you've considered the Dash, but I love mine. It's more horizontal than vertical and has fantastic organization. It's never hard to find things in it. HTH!

tmrbwilson1998 Guest

I have both the Darling and the small Bebe. I searched and searched for the Bebe b/c there was a fabric which I loved...I got it, but tend not to use it very much at all and really only keep it due to sentimental reasons! It is indeed very vertical and to me just seems so narrow to fit much in.

The Darling, like my older Bebe, has a black interior, but the Darling does have pretty decent organization. Unlike the stiff Bebe, it does not stand on its own, though it is able to be stuffed. It looks good half-empty or stuffed, and the pad on the strap is very comfy. It is very pliable and I can shove it into my small stroller basket very easily. Also, there is no chance of those little holes in the vinyl at the bottom corners!

HTH!
    Tina

audball Guest

My vote would be for the darling. I got a t&l small bebe from ebags and returned it because 1. I was worried about the vinyl corners developing holes 2. it was very narrow/vertical, so unless you packed accordingly, some things may be difficult to access 3. it kept slipping form my shoulder. The fabric on the Darling is more pliable and forgiving, so if you really need something on the bottom fo the bag, you can access it easily.

of course, if you love the T&L prints, you will be hard pressed to *not* buy one - LOL! so much of it depends on personal taste and what you are willing to overlook for what you really want :)..