jenhwyfar Guest

Default Landsend Diaper Bag???

My DS has a wonderful backpack for school that I got last year and it looks brand new. I love Landsend quality. So what do you all think about their diaper bag options? I would love some thing really girlie but it just doesnt look like its going to happen. I think I would choose functionality over looks anyday anyway when it comes to something that I will be dragging with me everywhere.

For those of you that have experience with any of the Landsend bags, what are your favorite picks? Why?

I would love your feedback!!!!

Thanks

Jennifer

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Landsend Diaper Bag???

Personally I LOVE the Little Tripper. For functionality you can't beat it. I HAD a Do It All as I was a consumate overpacker when DD#1 was a baby, but have cut back considerably & sold it quite some time ago. I also have the backpack & love it for travel. You can fit a ton of stuff into it & plan to use it on a couple upcoming trips with the girls. I don't think you can really go wrong with LE, plus they have great customer service & you can always return to a Sears store. :)
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

mare_mare Guest

I have the Do It All bag and I really do like it. As always, Lands End quality is supreme. However, I do find it to be quite big and since i tend to be an overpacker, I pack it so much, my stroller almost tips. I plan to get the Little Tripper and keep the big one stocked up in my car and keep ONLY the necessities in the little bag. If I'm on a day trip, I can always use the bigger bag. Otherwise, if I run out of something, I can always go to the car. The big one is well organized and the changing pad is AWESOME. It's very long and folds rather compactly.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Bryan 6/25/02
    Bennett 3/30/06

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have and love my little tripper. I think it is one bag every mom should have. It's well made, got lots of pockets, you can't beat the LE customer service, and for only $20, it's a steal. I often use it as my everyday bag and it fits all I need for my daily trips- my stuff, a snack and sippy for DD, 2 dipes and some wipes, and a toy, with room to spare!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

I agree with everything about the Little Tripper. On days when I don't need DD's lumch, it fits everything I need! I fit a bottle and a sippy in the bottle pockets, a mini wallet, wrislet, sunglasses, keys, in the Mommy pocket (along with a few small odds and ends), and a cloth bib, a burp cloth, a snack container, a Lil Milk container, and a toy bag in the main compartment and .... Still inside the main compartment, I fit a Diapees and Wipees case with a diaper and wipes and a small diaper cream in the large mesh pocket, diposable placemats and garbage bags in the small mesh pocket, small fork and spoon, straws, and granola bars in the other mesh pocket. I may be forgetting a couple of small items, but I could get away with using the LE LT on most days. My only complaint is that the fabric is kind of stiff so if you have to stuff it, it's not that cooperative.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have all three of their main diaper bags -- the Little Tripper, the Do-It-All, and the Triple Compartment Backpack.

IMO, everyone should have a LT. They are a great bag. The DIA is pretty big for me, but I'm a light packer. I use it in the car and on plane trips. The Backpack is GREAT. Love that bag! I use it for day outings.

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

langrider Guest

I am going with my 12 month old daughter (and husband!) to Spain for 3 weeks. Which bag do you recommend for the plane? I am trying to decide between the Do-it-all and the backpack. I was leaning towards the do-it-all (I always overpack, to my husband's chagrin) thinking I can get things in and out easier, but the backpack may be easier to carry, etc. We have a direct 8 hour flight and once we arrive, we will not be traveling around - staying put, except for some short car trips. After the trip, I'll be using the diaper bag to bring my daughter to my mother's twice a week for daycare. Thanks for any advice!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I took both on a 2 hr flight! ;) DH took the backpack as his carryon and I took the DIA. We purchased a seat for DD on the flight, so I put the DIA (open) under her seat & accessed it as needed. All the extra diapers, clothes, cameras, etc. that weren't necessary for the flight, but packed for emergencies and if we got delayed, were in the backpack which we put in the overhead bin. My DH thought it was overkill at first, but we didn't run out of anything.

For the same trip, I packed (in my checked suitcase) the LE Little Tripper as my day diaper bag/purse. OK, so 3 diaper bags seems like a lot, but the combination worked out really well.

The backpack was a godsend through security -- easy to slip on & off, easy to put back on while I corralled DD. I put the DIA in the car seat, which was in the stroller (stroller I gate checked, highly recommend that). DD walked or was carried by the parent who didn't have the stoller. If your stroller d/n have a bumper bar, you can always bungee your car seat to the stroller. I recommend gate checking things like strollers and car seats (if you haven't purchased a seat for your DD) because there is a greater chance you will actually see them at your destination and they won't end up in Nepal.

For daycare, I have a Hanna diaper bag that I leave there fully stocked. They don't sell them anymore, but they are like a smaller DIA, with the same wide mouth opening. My DCP really likes it. I think the DIA would be great.

If I could only get one of those bags for a plane trip, I guess it would be the backpack, because hands free in an airport with a child is a GOOD thing. I have to say that the wide-mouth design of the DIA is brilliant under the seat, though. And, really, for $100 you can get 3 great bags. They last forever. And, if you don't like them, you can return them to any US Sears store.

Have a great trip!
    Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

We've got all 3 LE bags (LT, DIA, and backpack), and I like them all, but for different reasons. We got the LT and DIA before E was born, and I just got the backpack a month or so ago.

The LT is great for quick trips out, although I found that it was too small sometimes (E was a spitter, so we *always* had to bring extra bibs, burpclothes, and outfit). It's a good bag for quick trips to the store or eating out, since it holds the essentials without taking up much space.

The DIA was great for on the plane, not so great at the airport. I love the way it opens up and everything is in plain view. And it fit under the seat well, easy to get stuff out of, etc. I find it to be a pain to carry, though (too bulky). For our plane trip I packed the changing pad in a suitcase and brought a stack of disposable pads, which made the bag less bulky.

The backpack is my main bag now, and really my favorite. It's got 4 compartments (3 main and one little for wallet, keys, etc). I love the way I can keep the food stuff separate from the diaper changing stuff separate from the clothes and toys stuff. It's *very* easy to find what I'm looking for. And, hands-free is so much better for me. In DH's car I can even buckle E into his seatbelt while wearing it (not in my car, since it's smaller).

If I could only have one bag, I'd pick the backpack. Even though it is big compared to the LT, it's on my back, so I don't care. Also, I'm more likely to use it after we no longer need a diaper bag. I'd pick the LT as my second bag.

Jen
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

tigeratty Guest

I have the back pack and used that for a plane trip when DS was 10 months old. I highly recommend it for that. We use the backpack mainly for travel. My daily bag is either a Kecci or a Skip Hop (for outdoor stuff, swimming, etc.), but I am about ready to downsize to a LT now that my son is almost two. I just wish it were more stylin.

But to echo the pp, having hands free of diaper bag at the airport huge. Just think about going through security. Somehow DH and older kids went through first leaving me with baby, stroller and backpack to juggle. I was so glad to have a back pack!

Have a good trip. Shari