zembaby Guest

Default Baby wearing parents!

What diaper bag do you like when you are carrying your baby? Either in a front or back carry.

My DS is due in May and I plan to carry him a lot - I'm looking for a diaper bag that will be comfortable and won't slip down or bother the baby.

I already have a Mothership but I think it might be too uncomfortable while wearing the baby.

Thanks! :)

Default RE: Baby wearing parents!

When I had slung my baby, I wore a sling backpack (REI Mini) all the time. Sling went over one shoulder and backpack went over the other shoulder.

For a front carry, I'd wear a backpack. For a back carry, hmmmm.... stumped. :) A tote bag of some sort? Fanny pack... hee hee.

Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

You know, I never had a real problem with any of my bags. They're typically the shoulder/messenger style. Now, I have a few hobos which work great with my pouch ( pouch on right shoulder, hobo on left shoulder).

Same with our ERGO, I'll just toss a bag over my left shoulder.. never got in the way wearing either front or back.. which is also what we did with the Mei Tais.

I know, doesn't really answer your question but I never noticed any problems with my bags.

gina is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was just thinking of posting a question like this myself. Both of my diaperbags are way too big (one is pottery barn bag other is from Target) and its hard to carry them with the sling on. I have been carrying it on the same shoulder that I have the sling on b/c it gets it out of the way. But WAY uncomfortable. I was thinking a backpack of some sort, something like a Vera Bradley.

I actually bought an American Eagle purse that kind of looks like a mini diaperbag. It will be more lightweight and the straps are thinner and longer so I think it may work for us. In our situation DD is getting older and doesn't really need as much stuff. So I am planning on packing the big diaper bags with the extra change of clothes, extra diapers, wipes etc and just putting a small stash of diapers and wipes in the smaller purse with my wallet. I will just take the big diaper bag in if we are going to grandmas or to the mall or someplace we will be for a while and where I may have the stroller or a cart to put the bag in. I plan to keep the smaller purse for everyday running into the store, etc and jsut keep the big stash in the car where I can run out and get it if needed.

Of course I can't go too small cause I always end up carrying DHs stuff too (keys, phone) when we are together. :)

Gina

DD 15 yr Jade
    DD 12 mo - Happy First Birthday Olivia!