Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: Best diaper bag for a very long air travel...Suggestions..?

I will definitely be taking my DadGear backpack for my upcoming trip over the LE TCB because there is a LOT more room in the Dadgear and there is a lot more organization! Also, the straps are super comfy which was a big concern for me since the LE TCB spoiled me. I will give you a pros and cons list tomorrow when I can play with them and pack them up -- but right now, I'm finally off to bed. :-) Glad to be of help, and I'll give you the details tomorrow!

I just want to verify something - the only difference b/w DadGear and DaisyGear backpacks is color selection, correct? Size and features are the same...?

Yes, that's correct. The only difference is color selection.

Edited to add: I won't be able to do a detailed comparison tonight bc I won't have computer access - my daughter's room is being painted so we're moving to my parents' house for the night with no internet access, but I'll do it Saturday. I did pack the Dadgear bag up and it holds A LOT more than my LE TEB.

Thank you to everyone for your recommendations!

Rachel~

I was just wondering if you are still liking your DadGear backpack? Would you recommend it over LE backpack?

I think I have my heart set on DadGear one, I just need a little more reassurance, but I guess I can always send it back if I don’t like it :)

I would also love to get PBU or JJB Be All in addition to the main huge diaper backpack, but they are a little bit out of my price range right now (all these travel expenses...) Unless someone knows a really good deal some place..?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the DadGear bag. I've been out of the house while it's being painted and haven't had that much internet access.

As far as still liking it, I like really big bags, so this is right up my alley. With that said, I've only packed up the DadGear bag, but haven't traveled with it yet. It holds A LOT more than the LE TCB and is a lot more organized for me. So I would recommend it over the LE TCB. I love the diaper hammock (not sure I'll use it for diapers, but love having a pocket for quick access), and LOVE the wipes pocket. On the LE TCB, that bottom pocket is useless for me -- it's so small and shallow. I like that the DadGear bag is a lot deeper, but not taller or wider, so it doesn't look like it's bigger than the LE TCB. The straps are just as comfy as the LE TCB while being less bulky, and I love the styling of the bag. Also, there are two extra pockets for bottles, which I'll can use for something else, but it's a great option if you're traveling with a newborn.

The best part is you can buy and return it without losing anything --free shipping both ways!

I travel cross-country with my two kids all the time and my favorite bag is the Timi & Leslie backpack. Easy to carry on your back while toting your little one. I keep my wallet and ID in the front pocket so I can get to it easily (and skip carrying my purse). Inside has lots of pockets and I love the side zipper which opens into the bag so I can reach things at the bottom without having to go through the whole bag. I kept my wips right by the zipper. It is the only bag I use when I fly.

Have a great trip!

HI,

I love my Baby Sherpa. Just got home from a 7 hour flight and had everything we needed and the bag fit under the seat in front of us fully loaded. the cooler is a god send for long flights and little ones. There was just a review done on About.com on Baby Sherpa- the link is http://babyproducts.about.com/od/dia...ms=baby+sherpa

This Mom spent 2 months travelling in Europe with little ones.

Have a safe trip,

Lynn

Default UPDATE!! Best diaper bag for a very long air travel...

Hello ~

Well, after a very long decision making process, I decided to go with DadGear backpack. I ordered it from ShoeBuy (thank you for pointing me in that direction, Rachel), and received it in no time at all. Although I was originally going to get the pink version, I ultimately decided to stick with more gender neutral (who knows, maybe DH will use it one day) and ordered the red one. It will also match my navy/red stroller :)

I haven’t had a chance to pack it yet, but I already love the organization and the size. The straps are VERY comfortable. I think I am going to like it!! It is definitely too huge for everyday outings, but perfect for a 25 hour trip (I hope). I think it will fit just about everything I will need. I don’t know if it’s bigger than Baby Sherpa though...

I am also planning on taking Ju-Ju-Be Be Changed pad to have handy during travel (that way I don’t have to get the whole backpack out every time I need to change a diaper in the airplane). I also probably need some sort of travel documents organizer...

I am a little overwhelmed by the whole trip planning process, so I am trying to get organized and starting to make a list of things to pack for the trip. Besides the obvious – snacks, diapers, wipes – do you have any packing advice?

Thank you once again to everyone for your input!!

~ Natasha

Default RE: UPDATE!! Best diaper bag for a very long air travel...

Natasha --

Just to let you know, I had the regular size (large) Baby Sherpa, and the DadGear fits a LOT more than the Sherpa, also because the cooler section takes up a lot of room, and if you don't have a lot of food that needs "refrigeration" it's wasted space.

As for what to bring, I think I would bring 12 diapers (LOL!!!), and definitely one of those big soft wipes packs and diaper cream. I'm bringing lots of dry food snacks! I would bring a change of clothes -- in your case, at least 2. I'm also bringing a few small medicines like tylenol and mylecon, and the basic first aid stuff.

For entertainment, I'm bringing markers and coloring books, a mini water color paint set with paper, DVD player w/her favorite movies, mini playdoughs with a few shape cutters, and a few thin books. I'm also packing a thin blanket and her favorite stuffed animal.

I am about to make my packing list (I'm leaving on Monday), so if you want I can post it --- I bet I bring almost as much as you do, and my trip is 3 hours, LOL!!!

Default RE: UPDATE!! Best diaper bag for a very long air travel...

Rachel ~

I would love to see your list! I am sure there are things that I haven't even thought of... This is my first time traveling with DD, and she is still too young for traditional entertainment solutions like stickers, playdoughs and coloring books. Maybe she will be more into it on the way back (she is going to be 15 mos. by then).

Actually, I just double checked our itinerary and our connection flight is NOT 5 hours, it is ... 7 hours. I need all the help I can get! :)

Natasha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast