Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Petunia Pickle Bottom Co

I think you should ask this over on diaper bags.

I agree that a $160 bag should last longer than 2 months. If you can, go back to the store you got it from. IME they can sometimes have more 'pull' with the manufacturer because they buy alot of product vs. a person that only buys one. They also may be more likely to want to help because you are there in person and not just a person on the phone.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Laurel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What a nasty CS rep! I know when my SIL spilled something on her diaper bag from them and it ruined the bag that they replaced it! Maybe they have changed their tune b/c they are in money trouble?

I'd write a letter to someone not in CS.
    Laurel

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would call back and speak to someone else. I also hope you got the girl's name. That way, they can deal with her themselves.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

carolynstricker Guest

Thankyou for the tip. I did go to the store. They said they can't really help me. Since they have pulled all the bags from PPB and sent them back because of other "bad" customer service problems with PPB.
    So no luck there.
    I filed a consumer report even though my dh said to forget about it. But its a lot of money and not really fair.

I had a problem with the straps and they wanted a picture. The next week my friend emailed them with a strap problem and they sent new straps no questions. Their CS is all over the place.

Default rude rude rude!!!

I had a bad experience with them too about 3 years ago. I don't know what it is - the owners (DeNai Jones, Korie Conant) seem sincere enough but their CS really sucks.

I made the mistake of dry cleaning the bag and it disintegrated any hint of interfacing so the bag turned into any other floppy bag. It wouldn't even stand up on its own anymore. I was so disappointed but CS told me it was either my fault or the dry cleaner's fault (I took it to a top-rated very reputable dry cleaner after researching hi & lo to see who would best care for my precious $$$ bag.) They wouldn't even look at it or replace it.

This is what their "Guarantee" currently says:

GUARANTEE
    At Petunia Pickle Bottom we take great pride in the quality craftsmanship of each and every bag we make. That's why we're willing to offer a 100% craftsmanship guarantee. If you're having any problems with our product, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We'll be glad to help in any way we can.

Please note this guarantee does not cover damages caused by improper care, accidents or natural breakdown of the materials over extended time and use. All products should be returned to us for evaluation and will be repaired or replaced at our discretion.

The problem is that the exclusions "improper care, acccidents, and natural breakdown" covers basically everything, especially when they turn things around to make it YOUR fault. PLUS the kicker is they will only be repaired/replaced "at our discretion." Translation? FAT CHANCE. I really feel for you and totally agree it's not fair.

They should take some responsibility for their craftmanship if they take such "great pride" in it. It's one thing to take pride in the design, but craftmanship is something else entirely. Maybe that's just semantics to them.

That said, I would still definitely forward your concerns to the owners. I believe Korie's e-mail was Korie @ petuniapicklebottom.com (no spaces, of course). You can try DeNai @ petuniapicklebottom.com as well. It's worth a shot - it can always be returned if the e/m addy doesn't exist anymore. Plus I'd contact the BBB like the OPs recommended.

They used to keep a pulse on what happened on these boards but it seems as though when it comes to their craftmanship, they keep getting dinged. Plus in the last few years they've grown immensely and gained so much popularity, maybe they don't care about the everyday nonceleb mom anymore.

It would save them so much bad publicity just to replace the stupid bag!! Seems as though they just got too big for their britches. I can think of another word that rhymes with britches....

Anyway, good luck - it can't hurt to try e-mailing the owners directly. Maybe they don't know how crappy their CS people are...

carolynstricker Guest

Default RE: rude rude rude!!!

Thanks. Its helpful to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I did email the owners weeks ago and nothing. Not even a courtesy response. So I guess you're right they've obviously gotten too big for their britches. I have lost all respect for this company and will remember this everytime I see someone with one of their bags.

tforn Guest

spam deleted.

baileybris Guest

spam deleted

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had a problem with a VICKS humidifier and they made me send photos of the damage before they would agree to have it sent. However, they then sent me a postage paid label AND box for it! If PPB is willing to do that, I wouldn't mind sending a photo!

I know too many people with PPB all with the same complaints- they wear terribly, and the are not user friendly(too small, bad organization, stuff falls out open side pockets). I have two main bags: A PPB for nicer outings, and a SKip Hop for strollering and as an everyday bag. The Skip Hop gets far more use and takes abuse, yet goes in the wash and looks brand new. The PPB looks very shoddy-lost it's shape, gets pulled on everything INCLUDING its own velcro, and those ugly slippery straps fall off my arm all the time! Mine was a gift so I had to keep using it. Otherwise, I would have replaced it within a month.

I hope you were able to get satisfactory customer service in the end. I agree that there is no way a bag falling apart after 2 months is acceptable!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast