carolynstricker Guest

Default Petunia Pickle Bottom Co

Has anyone ever dealt with Petunia Pickle Bottom Co before? I am having such a hard time with them. Something I really didn't quite expect from a company that I just bought a $160 diaper bag from.
    I recently spent over 40 mins on the phone with them for the third time in 2 weeks. And they still refuse to help me.
    Basically the strap pulled out of the bag after 2 months of use. And of course its so snagged that it looks like my cat got it. And this was just from everyday use.
    I tried explaining that I believe the strap coming out was a sign of bad workmanship. The girl practically jumped at me through the phone. She said "Just because the strap broke is not a sign of bad workmanship, its more like a sign that you don't know how to take care of your things".
    I'm a pretty relaxed person, but I just found this to be very rude. It made me want to contact the store I bought it from and tell them the experience I had. My DH told me to through it in the trash and to never buy anything from them ever again and to tell all my friends.
    Plus she told me if I sent it back to them. They would only refuse it because I have to send a picture of it prior to sending it. And they would only allow back bags that were "truly a lapse in craftsmanship".
    What kind of company is this? Have any one of you ever dealt with them? How do you suggest I handle this?
    Any opinions are helpful.
    Paula

tobycat Guest

Default RE: Petunia Pickle Bottom Co

I would definitely contact the store you bought it from and let them know of your horrible experience with the company.

I would also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Tobycat

PS. And tell everyone you know!

carolynstricker Guest

Default RE: Petunia Pickle Bottom Co

Thankyou. I did file a consumer report and saw they had a few other unresolved issues with other customers. Like I said before my dh said to forget it and just not buy anything from them again. But that still doesn't make it right.