Thread: "Luxe" baby bag

Jojo Bruin Guest

Default "Luxe" baby bag

I am due w/#2 in 3 weeks and have a 33 MO. To both satisfy my new bag craving (!) & get something to accommodate 2 kids' gear, am looking for a new bag - something a little more upscale than my current bags (denim skip hop duo and A7, which I haven't used for a while since DS is older, but still like & plan to use again this time around). I am thinking I'd like more of a purse-style, "baby bag in disguise" option and am considering:

1. Baby Kaed (probably the Jaipur) - there's a good co-op going on, so the price is good right now.

2. Fleurville Luxe (anyone know why the price has dropped hugely - are they being discontinued?)

3. T&L Mommy Chic - the price is a drawback.

(and am drooling over the Mia Bossi Maria, but cannot under any circumstances justify that price!)

However, there isn't a lot of feedback on these bags here or on the baby bags group site & certainly a lack of pictures all around, especially of the interior & IRL. Also, warn me now if I am going to hate the leather - for upkeep, weight or other issues. Lastly, I have zero sense of what packing for 2 kids will require (I consider myself a light to medium packer, both in the newborn & toddler stages) and whether these bags are big enough.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default RE: "Luxe" baby bag

I haven't seen the BK Jaipur IRL, so I can't comment on that one.

The Fleurville Luxe is being replaced by the new G-Luxe, so that may be why you are seeing the older style Luxe at a lower price. FWIW, it's a small bag & I myself could not pack for 2 in the FV Luxe (either the new or the old style), it's the size of a medium purse.

The T&L Mommy Chic is a gorgeous bag, but like you mentioned, not too many sales on them that can be found. Zappos used to carry the T&L Mommy Chic (not sure if they still do); if you are curious, you could order one & then return it if it doesn't knock your socks off. They have free overnight shipping & free returns, so you wouldn't be out anything just to see it IRL & kill the curiousity, LOL!

I did own the Mia Bossi Maria & I can tell you it is HUGE. It was probably the biggest bag I owned (and I have owned probably over 120 diaper bags in the last couple of years). The Maria is more like a piece of nice, high quality luggage, as opposed to any diaper bag you'd see. It is a heavy bag though, even just packing for 1 baby in diapers, it was a load to carry when I owned mine.

Right now I have a Not Rational leather FAB bag that is one of my "indulgent" treats. If you are looking for something stuffable, soft, luxurious & stylish, that might be something to look at. It's pricey too, but if you can get one at 50% off thru a Sample sale or thru swap, it's a great deal. There isn't a lot of organization, but I think you could pack for 2 kids in the FAB bag if you're not a super heavy packer.

HTH!
    Suz :)

tforn Guest

I recently purchased the Society Satchel in Citron from Petunia Pickle Bottom's Cake Collection. I have gotten many compliments on it and no one believes that it's a diaper bag. I think it comes in a few other colors, but I love the citron - not everyone can pull it off.

bunnisa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>I recently purchased the Society Satchel in Citron from
    >Petunia Pickle Bottom's Cake Collection. I have gotten many
    >compliments on it and no one believes that it's a diaper bag.
    >I think it comes in a few other colors, but I love the citron
    >- not everyone can pull it off.

Oh I looooove it! But the price -- ouch!

...blessed wife and mama to two & one due this summer!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
    -Justin Torres

jassara Guest

I know! Do these things ever go on sale? Maybe I'll be able to have my sister snag one at their next samples sale.