vtbunny Guest

Default Ever heard of "1154 LILL" bags??

I'm a mom to be and looking for a stylish but functional diaper bag. I love 1154 LILL (you design your own)- Does anyone use these bags and are they functional? Specifically the "DIANA" model. If you have a moment to check this out and give me your thoughts on if this would be a good choice that would be great!!

www.1154LILL.com

Any other suggestions??

Default RE: Ever heard of "1154 LILL" bags??

The purses are very popular around here in Chicago. The store is a lot of fun, you can browse the fabrics & test out the bags. They seem pretty good quality. I'm not sure what kind of pockets & etc they have.

I don't know if I would want one for a diaper bag though. I like diaper bags that have fabrics that are treated for stain resistance & etc - seems to help with keeping them looking nice. (Or maybe I'm just hard on bags!) The Diana looks really sharp though.

Since you asked for other suggestions: If I were in the market for a new bag I would look at - Ju Ju Be, Skip Hop & Lexie Barnes. But I'm partial to messenger type bags that I can sling over stroller handles. (If money were no object, maybe a mia bossi.)

Michelle

p.s. About 8 years ago I went to a home party & a friend of the host brought a bunch of fabrics in big plastic containers for us to look at. She lived at 1154 Lill St. We could choose our fabrics & write a check and our purses would be ready in about a month. I think she had only 4 or 5 designs to choose from at the time. Looks like she has done pretty well over the years!

I've heard of them, as I was looking at custom bags for a while last year - I don't know anything about them though. Here are other sites that do the same thing...

oneybags.com

http://www.elisalou.com/

Personally, I need something a bit more diaper bag -ish - lots of pockets etc. I adore my Skip Hop Dash (not what I would call stylish though) and I'm looking at the jujube bags lately too.

Good luck!

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I made one of these bags when I visited a friend in Chicago. It was a lot of fun, but I agree with the previous post about liking other features of diaper bags like things being wipeable, more pockets, etc.

Jojo Bruin Guest

I got one last summer as a toddler bag (warning - I definitely would be classified as a light packer) - I think it was a Katie (a square shoulder bag with patch pockets). It was a lot of fun to pick out the colors and fabrics (even on the website, as I am in LA not Chicago!) and was reversible for 'two-times the bag' (at least that was part of the rationale for a new bag!). I scotch-guarded it, so there wasn't a stain resistance issue, but ultimately I think I used it more as a purse than a true diaper bag, although with the 4 patch pockets, it did have some measure of organization. If you like the look and the ability to customize, you might want to consider 2 Red Hens (I've never had one, but they are more true diaper bags, so might have the other features you're looking for), Ella Bags or One Cool Chick.

vtbunny Guest

Thanks guys- these are all great suggestions!! :-)