teachergirl73 Guest

Default First-time mom--Skip Hop Dash?

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but my first baby is due in November, and I didn't realize there is so much to consider with a diaper bag...

I'm looking at the Skip Hop Dash. Is it large enough to leave with a baby at a daycare for about 7 hours, or is it more of a bag to take with you as you run a few errands around town?

What is the main difference between the Dash and the Duo?

And those of you with a Skip Hop...how do you like it?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Default RE: First-time mom--Skip Hop Dash?

I love my Dash! In fact, I just ordered a 2nd one for DS2. I'm somewhat of a heavy packer, but it has worked great for me and DS1. Now, when he goes to Grandparents for the day (my daycare ; ) ), I pack his things (2 extra sets of clothes, blanket, food, bottles or sippy cup, snack, extra diapers, wipes, Tylenol, diaper cream, etc.) in a Land's End Do It All diaper bag. I just found I needed more than one bag for different kinds of days. I'm not sure about the Duo, although I also just got the Double Duo for days out with both boys. I won't know how that works until DS2 arrives. It's very large, and I think it will be super for my needs!

The Dash is a FABULOUS every day diaper bag for you to have -- you'll love it. There are pockets for everything, it attaches to your stroller, you can wear it shoulder or messenger style, it has outside bottle/sippy cup pockets, and everything will be organized. You just can't go wrong with it. However, I do not think it's big enough to leave at daycare -- I'd recommend just packing up a regular backpack or cheaper tote/bag with supplies. You'll need to have a lot more diapers, formula, changes of clothes, etc... than you'd need while out with your baby.

I also had the Duo, and didn't like the organization as much and found it didn't hold as much as my Dash -- it's taller, and therefore deeper, so it was hard for me to find things in it. The Dash is more horizontal and has a lot more organization. I know there are people who like it though.

teachergirl73 Guest

Thanks to you both--you gave me the info I needed. I think I'll look for something bigger for daycare, but I think I'll definitely check out the Dash for my smaller bag. Thank you!

i got a dash and a double duo, so like you, i have a small bag and a big one. i liked the organization of the dash more than the regular duo and it seemed a bit smaller. hopefully together they'll both work.