Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JuJuBe- Beware!

Default RE: JuJuBe Diaper bags- Beware!!

Im sorry you took it that way. My statement wasn't meant to come off like I was attacking you.
    This is about the issue and its about being informed. I never said the EPA was lying. I said that some of the comments Mr.JuJuBe wrote were cut and pasted to come to his defense. He was citing only some of the EPA facts and not all of them. Nor has he spoke about any of the other agency's facts.
    If anybody out there reads the facts out there on their own.Then make their own informed decisions about whether they wish to carry JuJuBe bags. Then its up to them.
    I stated that I have read the facts and that for me there is enough evidence out there to link Teflon and PFOA agents to harmful threats and I'll stay away from them.
    Thats it. I'm out. I said my piece.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is talking about pans and the issue there is when the pan is overheated. I'm not sure how that is relevant to diaper bags.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

I read the link and what she's saying is that here's another case that talks about the harms of teflon.
    This link only supports the original posts that teflon whether used in pots, pans or stain resistant fabrics it is potentially harmful. Remember when Scotchguard was pulled off shelves??
    I appreciate mommyoftwo77 bringing all this up. I usually just sit back and listen, but I had to step in and speak up because nobody else was thanking mommyoftwo77 for taking the time to post.

Default RE: Real Facts from the EPA website

I usually stay away from the heated debates on the board, but I wanted to say a few things about this one...

First, let me say that I try to make healthy choices for my child (food, products, etc.) and the environment....I am not perfect or extremist, but I do make conscious decisions; I recycle, I bring my own bags about 90% of the time (not just when grocery shopping), buy earth friendly products, etc. I am VERY concerned about the future of the earth.

Second, I think it is wonderful that the owner of Ju-Ju-Be took the time to personally post about here....and I do not believe Joe posted because he was worried about profits. My experience with Ju-Ju-Be is that they are a great, caring company. If the OP or anyone else spent anytime in the pinkroom I think you would come to the same conclusion. Yes, this is a large population of women here, but it is still a small percentage of total mom's and I am sure there are plenty of moms out there who will continue to buy Ju-Ju-Be bags so the overall effect of the profits from a discussion here would be pretty minimal, if any (I think we tend to have a bigger influence on adding to sales as opposed to lowering sales, especially on a debatable issue).

Third, admittedly I am not an expert on the Teflon issue, but I have done more research than the average person (as clearly the op has too), and while I admit that I do not fully trust the EPA (after all it is a large, slow-moving bureaucracy) I do personally believe that there is relatively no harm (few things are completely without harm/risk) in a Teflon coated bag. A) my child and I are not breathing the fumes from production (I wouldn't want him to be around fumes from any manufacturing); B)my child generally doesn't touch my bags and certainly doesn't lick or chew on them, C) I do believe that bags carry many nasty germs and that the coating can protect from these known risks (completely agreeing with Joe's arguments here).

Lastly, while I appreciate that the op wanted to bring an issue that concerned here to share with other mom's IMHO it does seem like the initial post was more adversarial as opposed to simply raising awareness, and the subsequent posts were definitely argumentative when Joe was just trying to give his opinion/position on the matter.
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

Default RE: Real Facts from the EPA website

Julie-

I think you said it all very well.

We're locking this thread until we can discuss this matter further with Alan and Denise.

Marisa, Hilary and Erica
    BBB Mods
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2