Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

99% of the time. Toby sat up unassisted very late, so he was a floppy boy for months and months. I needed the padded shopping cart cover so that I could shop with him! (He hated carriers and outgrew his infant seat at 3 months old.) I have a BuggyBag, which also comes with a pillow that was great for propping him up when he was younger.

Now at 20 months I use it if he's going to eat a snack (to contain the mess), or if it's raining/cold. It folds into itself and zips closed to a duffel bag shape. I always park next to the cart corral and bring a cart over, put the cover on, and put him in.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Never used mine. And after a while I'd just happily throw DS in the cart. Heck, the kid will lick the ground just to see what the water in the hole in the sidewalk tastes like. Shopping cart germs are the least of my worries....
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I still use mine all the time. I keep it in the car, so it's easy to pull out whenever we stop at the store. I also use it in restaurant highchairs (those things can be seriously NASTY. ick. ick ick ick.). I have a kozypal and I love it!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

I use mine all of the time. It stays in the back of my car and I take it out to wash it every now and then. It makes ds much more comfy and anything I can do to help him from being sick all of the time works for me

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sounding like a broken record- ALL THE TIME- I think it takes about 30 seconds to put on the cart, plunk kiddo in, I buckle etc when inside. I also love that I can put toys on the hooks so I'm not retrieving stuff off the floor, also the front pocket stores his cheerios etc. Also use all the time in restaurants, the toy hooks are awesome then too. We had a cute girlie one for DD and DS has a green one with footballs on it (got it from covers4kids). I don't really have to wash it that often, but even then not a big deal...and I generally don't put it back in its carry pocket in the car, just roll it up and throw in the back. It's one of my top 10 fav's when I have friend who wants ideas on what they should get for a baby...

Everytime I go to the store. I have a buggy bagg & it sits right in the cart. I can stick it in there w/ one hand. DD giggles when she sees it & clamors to get in!

Love it - but the BB is too big to stick in high chairs. Need to find one for that too.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I did start putting Dora in the shopping cart around 10 months, and I did use the shopping cart cover. We also used it for restaurant high chairs. We still use the cover for shopping carts. But most of the time until I got a little too preggo Dora was on my back in a meitai, just like you and Avery. It's whatever works best for you. Nowadays Dora is always in the cart, Arwyn on my back.

I have recently hear that the cover doesn't do all that great of job of protecting the LO from germs unless you wash it often. But I was using it more to keep Dora's fingers and toes from getting caught between the bars of the cart. As for germs, you do what you can, but for the rest, whatever.....
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Yes, most of the time. I do occasionally get lazy about it, but carts are so visibly dirty that I think it's very necessary to use one!

dsb22 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

All the time. Mine lives in the car too. I wash it only periodically b/c only the outside comes in contact with the cart. It's very light and has handles, so is easy to sling over my shoulder (along w- diaper bag) if I don't happen to put dd in the cart until we get inside. I'm not a big germaphobe but shopping carts do oog me out.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/fe...america?page=3

Default i use mine

I keep mine in the car and always use it-- I am not so much a germophobe but I do find that the belt keeps him in place well and that he squirms less with the comfy padded cover. Also, the places to clip toys or sippy cup leashes make it really worthwhile!
    I will say though, that I do find many of them to be a pain to put onto the cart while holding a wiggly toddler-- even if the site says that they are easy to attach!
    HTH,
    Andrea

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast