Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    cath_b is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I leave mine in the car and mostly use it for padding and protection (hot or cold cart) not germs (those things are everywhere anyway) and to prevent my baby's leg from getting those marks from the cart. But there are some carts that are just utterly disgusting, I wouldn't even put the cart cover over the cart let alone the baby. Have you seen those carts? The dirt and oil is caked on or pasted! It feels grimmy and sticky. When I know I have to go to that store I leave the baby at home.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I never bought one because I know that I would not want to haul it around. But I am not that worried about germs.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wouldn't think of putting my 13mt old in a shopping cart without it. I also use it in the mall and going out to eat. Those hi chairs out are gross too. I leave it in the back of my SUV. I don't think much of toting in to resturants. In the mall I put it in my stroller basket. It even fits in the Mac basket.

I used to use mine a lot, but it was a cheaper version I got as a shower gift and it didn't cover the sides of the cart, just the front and back. So, I pretty much gave up on it, but I do have a purse-size bottle of Lysol I spray the cart down with before I put DS in. I just can't stand the ick factor of him touching the cart!
    Kate

DS March 07; DD Jan 09

Yesssssssss! Every time I have put her in w/out it she has gotten sick.

We have the Buggy Bagg. It is like a little couch!

Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

We used ours all the time with DS#1 - in shopping carts & in restaurant high chairs. I actually registered for another one for DS#2, because I shrunk the first one in the washer. I couldn't have shopped or eaten out without it!
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

mdb78 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

All the time! I also keep it in my car. Use it with shopping carts and resturant high chairs.
    Mommy to DD#1 (05/07)

All the time when my little guy was younger, now that he's 22 months we're a little lazy. We used it lots as a highchair cover, and for shopping carts. I got mine from Kozypals.

Of the ones of you that use a cover - which one is best? I also want one that will fit the giant baskets at BJ's.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We use the machine washable infantino one. It's not perfect but the little pillow is helpful for keeping them upright when they're new at sitting. It doesn't cover the sides, but I try to wipe them down anyway.

You asked about the giant carts, and well...the Infantino ones fit on one side of the double carts. I don't use one for the bigger kids because 1) I don't like to take her to Sam's with me and 2) she's not mouthing everything like DS does. I think I have seen some with leg holes for 2 DC, but no idea on which site.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast