jkravetz Guest

Default Toddler who won't call me mom...

I have a 22 month old who calls both me and my husband "daddy". When I pick him up from daycare he yells "daddy is here!", when I come home after being gone he runs up to me yelling "my daddy is home!"
    When my husband asks "who is that?" and points to me, my son says "that's daddy." When he says "who am ?" he says "daddy too."

Everyone tries to correct him, even his teachers, our parents, etc..and he continues to do it. He has been doing this for several months now. Has anyone else had this problem?

It hurts that he doesn't call me "mommy".....

Default RE: Toddler who won't call me mom...

Never had this problem, but I can see how it would really hurt. I find that I speak in the third-person often ("This is Mama's chair" or "Do you want Mama to help you?), maybe that would help?
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

jkravetz Guest

Default RE: Toddler who won't call me mom...

Thanks for the response!
    Actually, both my husband and I have been doing that...we will say "mommy is going to take you to school, and mommy is going to make you dinner, etc." Yesterday for the first time when I came home he yelled "My MOMMY is home!" and I was so happy.

Thanks for the advice!