Thanks Kimberly for getting this forum started! I was going to wait to post until our adoption is finalized which should be sometime this month, but since you got things started I thought I'd jump in...

I'm Mary and DH is Scott, we are both 32 and after trying 3 years to have a bio child (3 pregnancys ending in M/C) we decided to expand our family through adoption.

This has been a spiritual journey more than anything so after months of exploring all of the adoption options (international, domestic) and praying, my 3rd M/C cinched our decision to adopt--we decided to look into domestic adoption more and at that time in our lives it just made sense to pursue domestic open adoption.

Nine months after we turned in our application, we brought our son home!!! We had exactly 6 days notice beforehand. His placement is truly a miracle!

I am more than willing to share our experience with open adoption and our adoption journey with anyone who would like more information. I'm also interested in corresponding with others who have very open adoptions.

Mary (Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03; home 3/6/03)