http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=679
    Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default SITE: EXCELLENT TRAVEL AGENT WHO HAS ADOPTED IN UKRAINE

I really liked this guy!!! He gave me some fantastic rates when we thought we were going to travel as early as April 2004...I like that he is an adoptive parent and thus understands the politics of adoption travel.
    Highly recommed and he is mentioned often on the boards!!!
    http://www.rowlandent.com/who_are_we.htm
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default An edit to my first post here

I can't edit the post since my user name has changed, but wanted to say when I wrote this post that was the best site I had found at the time, but now it is not. It is a great site but not the best, so please follow this thread to see other sites I recommend and know that there are others better than that one, though that one is still bery good...

"adopt-sense" seems to me to have the best info I have found to date...that info is below...
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default GET MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE!!!!

I am looking for the web site that offers such a service, but this is insurance that will fly you out to more established countires if you are in need of medical assistance. I would highly recommend this from what I have read. Cars are not as safe there, tragic accidents do happen, and one female was killed in an accidnt over there when they flew over to adopt (an American under Kathy Harris' team). Evidently if you don't ahve the money to be treated etc... they might not treat you in their hospitals and then if your life is involved you might not get the technology to treat you...so get this!!!!
    I will update when I find the info :)

YOUR INSURANCE MIGHT COVER THIS...CHECK FIRST...
    http://www.medjet.com/
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: GREAT LINKS FOR UKRAINE & BEST WEB SITE FOR UKRAINE INFO

Neve, I want to thank you for sharing all of you research, as I too have always felt there is a child waiting for us in the Ukraine. I just hope we can afford to find them someday.

Kimberly H Guest

Default RE: SITE TO HELP YOU LOCATE STATE CERTIFICATES

VitalChek - Used 'em, loved 'em, HIGHLY recommend 'em! If they're not sure what you want, they actually CALL you. Great find, Neve!

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Melanie-thank you

Your post made my day, it assures me that sharing the info (even though my typing skill so lack and as I re read them I see so many typos that I don't have the strength to fix)is time well spent.

I am so glad that it helps. I have found the message boards that I mention above to be painful. You can get good info, but there are to many people who plug their facilitators as if their last breath is decided on who others use, and it makes me wonder with each advice i read what the agenda is. It is filled with attacks over the simplest thing, and when one asks a question EVERYONE PMs you so not to get attacked or for some reason to not share publically. So this info that I have supplied here is literally a lot of hours of research and info I pegged as good. Many on these other boards are so passionate about getting children out that they turn on eachother and every word spoken...it has broken my heart to read what some of these well intentioned folks are doing to eachother. So I would love to see our resources here grow among our community that we have.
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default GORGEOUS UKRAINE/RUSSIAN ITEMS FOR SALE-BENEFIT ORPHANAGES

This site is owned by a man who also is a facilitator...if I didn't mention him above as one of the 4 or 5 hear about often I will go up and do that, he has a great reputation from what I can gather.

BUT he does a lot for the orphanges and he has a "gift shop" set up...
    these prices look wondeful to me
    http://www.hiskidstoo.org/store/inde...sort=2a&page=1
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default MANY FUNDRAISING IDEAS!!!!!

http://www.amotherslovefundraising.c...4514/index.htm
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

Default RE: MANY FUNDRAISING IDEAS!!!!!

also check with your H.R. department at work. Some companies pay adoption expenses. My husband adopted my son from my first marriage, and we got reimbursed 100% from his company for everything we paid out of pocket.

He also has the option of selecting a legal benefit that is sort of like an HMO for legal things, and for $12 a month, that covered the lawyer fees 100% for the adoption.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast