NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default A great thing just happened

I was the one who really wanted to adopt, and I am lucky my hubby will jump on the band wagon of what I want pretty easily, but I think he thought about money and knows in our case getting pregnant has not been hard it's just having a successful pregnancy has been hard. It was hard to realy sit him down several months ago and to tell him how badly I have hurt and how much I want to do this. He agreed and we have continued to talk about adopting two children in Ukraine and knowing we have two out there.

Well tonight he must have been channel surfing and an adoption story of some kind was on and it was an adoption from Cambodia. The beautiful girls from the orphange did a sweet dance for the girl and her new parents. Steve teared up and said "I can't beleive it...how sad...those beautiful children...especially the older ones..." I think this was a special moment in our journey.
    Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Kimberly H Guest

Default RE: A great thing just happened

Neve, your story brought tears to my eyes!

If you have the Hallmark Channel they do an adoption show every Sunday (?) night and Discovery Health has one too.

As I've told you, Robert was on board with the adoption but I don't think he totally *got it* until we saw her photo pop up on my monitor at work. Now she has him wrapped and they've never even seen each other.

Off to go work on my packing list...ugh.

Default RE: A great thing just happened

That is wonderful and touching and my eyes watered when I read that Neve. :)
    Mom to R and R

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Forgive me if you've seen the whole thing...but

I've seen that episode, it's Adoption Story. A mother adopted a younger child, I think it was about a year before. As soon as she got home she started planning to go back for an older child because of everything that she had seen there. After she was selected for that child(I can't recall how it was done) she found a photo of her in the ones from her prior trip to pick up her other child. She was in the background looking wistful at the fuss over the first daughter. It was such a sweet and touching story! The woman was an actress who'd put her career first and then started wanting children. Her husband didn't agree but she was always hoping for an "oops" baby, then she went into premature menopause. They didn't go into great detail, but she said it was probably her strong desire to be a mother that broke up their marriage. So she set about adopting a child. At some point she started dating a man from her childhood who was supportive, but she was still adopting as a single parent.

I just love that episode...and their amazing little dance. I don't think I can watch Adoption Story with a dry eye.

There's one on Russia, too.

How touching that your hubby felt the emotion. My hubby is sort of like you described...doesn't have that internal desire but would go along with it if it's not financially prohibitive. I should tape one of those for him so he can see what I've seen.