Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Default RE: IT'S A BOY!!!!!--UPDATE

Thank you all so much for sharing our excitement over our baby boy.

In this case, Fu means good fortune and Jian means to build (just like Holly's James!). So, Fu Jian means building good fortune!

He was a premie so he's a little small. In February, at almost 8 months, he weighed 16.5 pounds (Chinese orphanages usually weigh with clothes on, and at that time of year it would have been a lot of layers, so I'm guessing I should subtract a couple of pounds) and was 24.8 inches long. Fortunately, we have some earlier measurements too and even though he's small, he's gaining on the curve.

He is described as active, restless, and sometimes obstinate--he'll fit right in. He's supposedly a deep sleeper. And his favorite activity is to be outdoors.

We are so thrilled!

hjdong Guest

Do you have any travel plans yet? When do you expect to hear? Jamie is still small for his age, but he has grown 4 inches since we've been home (5 months - and for his age, that's about how much he should grow in a year), so I think you can probably expect a huge growth spurt as well. And allow me to add, how lucky that he's a deep sleeper! Sleeping is still our biggest issue.

Keep us updated!

We are still waiting on travel dates. I always thought this would be the hardest part of the process. . . .

It's good to hear Jamie is growing well. I've been thinking that I might need to accommodate a growth spurt in clothing sizes.

I hope the deep sleeper thing turns out to be true. I'm a little worried about sleeping arrangements. His report says he shares a crib so sleeping on his own may be a big change (along with so many other big changes). But I'm such a sound sleeper that I would be too worried to try co-sleeping. We'll just have to work it out as we go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3