Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default RE: Could we do an update on everyone???

Hi,

We sent our paperwork to China in October of 2003. We received our referral on June 7, 2004 and IT'S A BOY!!! We were suprised and thrilled to receive a referral for a baby boy, born June 23, 2003. (Most adoptions from China are girls. We did not make a request as to gender.)

We are waiting (VERY IMPATIENTLY) for travel dates, our agency says to tentatively plan on early August.

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We adopted a little baby girl from Guatemala in 2001 and started adoption proceedings again in September 2003 for a baby girl from China. We are now next to receive our referral and will probably be traveling in September.
    Michele

Catherine-Are you a member of the 12 Moons? I believe you are the Catherine I just spoke to last night on the chat!

No, not me--must be another Catherine. What is the 12 moons?

Speedy referral and travel wishes,

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The 12 Moons is a yahoo group for people on the APC list that sent their dossiers to China in December. Great bunch of people. Can discuss everything without feelings getting involved. One great resource.
    www.december2003dtc.com
    Michele

David and I are in the research/thinking stage. We are trying to get through the next few months and then will seriously decide if we can take the next step.

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03

Diane B Guest

Hello everyone :)

After about 5 years of trying to get pregnant, including infertility treatments and a miscarriage, we decided to adopt. Easy decision since I'm adopted! :) It's hard to say when we really got started with the process, but we started the home study August 2003 and it's been non-stop paperwork since then...right up until now. We've just finished completing our dossier a few weeks ago and I just heard it's been translated and is in the hands of the people at the Colombian facility from which we'll be adopting! Now we're just waiting to get our referral!!!

You know...it's funny...I miss doing all the paperwork now! lol I guess it just made me feel like I was actively working towards our goal of getting our baby. Now I just have to sit on my hands...there's nothing for me to do...I have no control over it now...*whimper*. ;)

I do love reading all the progress everone is making. It helps me feel like it could happen at any moment for any of us. :)

Diane B

Ah, yes. I'm a member of the Smashing Pumpkins--the Oct. DTC board. I just hadn't heard the name for the Dec. group. The dtc boards are just great, I agree!

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

OHHH goosebumps...keep us posted :)...
    Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

hjdong Guest

I remember feeling that way. My solution was to buy things!

Do you know how long to referral? I don't know much about Colombian adoptions.

Here's hoping for speed!

Diane B Guest

Sadly, I have no clue on how long of a wait we have. Could be one month, could be 6...have no idea. :(

And I think I've bought everything I can at this point. lol Our baby could be anywhere from 3 months old to 12 months old so it's hard to say what I'll really need until the referral comes in. And look out when it does come! I'm gonna be a shopping fanatic! ;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast