Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default RE: Could we do an update on everyone???

We're waiting for travel - our little boy is coming from South Korea and we just can't wait to meet him!!! We received Theo's referral 2/17/2004, so we're hoping for "the call" any day now.

Speedy referrals, travels, and processing to everyone!

malie Guest

Well if you don't have one you can start and exercise program. And you can start lifting weights because "Girlfriend (using my best southern accent which I don't really have) you know once they hand you your child, you are not ever going to want to put him down."

Seriously unlike a pregnancy where you get somewhat use to carrying extra weigh during your pregnancy and then gradually get use to carrying a heavier and heavier newborn/infant in your arms, with adoption you are handed a 10, 15, 20 pound baby/child and the more you can do to get use to the extra weight the better. Even if you plan on using a carrier of some type as silly as it might seem carrying around a 10 pound bag of potatoes or two bags of flour for 15 minutes a day can mean less problems when your child finally arrives.

You can also try and make some freezer friendly meals even if your wait for a referral takes a while you can start using them up and cook more but having something quick to take out of the freezer when you first get back can make the world of difference.

And then you can feel like you are still actively doing something

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A good friend of mine is also adopting from Korea. I believe her daughter was born around the same date - maybe 01/14?. I know she got the referral before 03/03 because she e-mailed me some pics then that she'd already had for a bit. You guys must be on an almost identical time schedule.

We're in the thinking/research phase. Plan to be here for a while. :)
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Kimberly H Guest

We've been home with Mia for 6 months now - WOW!

We began paperwork on October 1st, 2002 and were DTC March 31, 2003. We received our referral on November 18, 2003 and traveled to China January, 2004.

We're done... unless we win the lottery!

smkinc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DS was placed with us in March of '03 (through domestic, open adoption) and we finalized in Dec. of '03.

The process wasn't too long for us (~9 months from when we started to placement), and he was placed with about 6 days notice.

I'm so excited for those waiting for referrals and placement.

I remember how long the wait was, but when they put that baby in your arms, it all seems to melt away, and is SO worth it!:)

Mary
    Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

heididog Guest

Hi, We just brought home our little guy in April of this year. He is 21 months old and the joy of our lives! He is from Guatemala and doing so well. He has adjusted better than I ever dreamed possible with him coming home at 19 months. We are having a blast!! If anyone has questions about Guatemala adoptions and the process, please feel free to PM me!!

Steph
    adopted Parker born 9/18/02
    home forever 4/21/04
    Guatemala

hjdong Guest

He is so adorbale! Jamie came home at 19 months too. Isn't it amazing how well they adapt?

malie Guest

How exciting and I'm sure overwhelming. Make sure you keep us updated on how the journey goes :)

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted over here in ages, but do read what's going on. It's so exciting to hear about other people's adoption stories.
    DH and I are currently trying for a domestic adoption. We are not sure how long it will take.
    DS was born in Feb. 2002, and his adoption was finalized in August the same year. We got "the call" a few hours before he was born, and were able to see him in the hospital when he was about 4 hours old. I still remember how it felt to hold him the first time - it made all the waiting worth-while!
    Our 1st adoption took about 9 months from when our homestudy was approved. This time we have been waiting about 6-7 months. Unfortunately, I'm worried that our ages may affect our chances of being chosen. I am 40, and DH is 50. To many potential birthmoms, we are probably their parents ages - ancient! Also, DH doesn't want to wait too much longer due to his age. So, we'll see. I really would like for DS to have a sibling closer to his age. My stepsons are 18 & 20 and both in college. DS loves his brothers, but is really like an only child because of the age difference.
    Great topic! I've been meaning to post more over here and this gave me a good excuse to start!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast