Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ghs517 Guest

Default RE: Could we do an update on everyone???

We adopted our DD last October (domestic, she was 3 weeks old, we had 3 days' notice!). She is now 9 mos and we are contemplating #2. Not sure if we'll do domestic or international this time...I'm leaning leaning toward the latter, perhaps Eastern Europe or Middle East/Asia (Kazahkstan or Azerbaijan). We'll see.

Gwen and DD Bella

wagner36 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh my goodness - he is to-die-for cute! I can't believe that smile....

Congratulations!

em_jon98 Guest

We are in the thinking and research phase, and sort of in a waiting/hold mode. We are pretty set on Ukraine, but are also slightly considering Russia or Belarus. We would like a girl, ideally about two years older than Lindsey.

We are waiting to get settled in the new house and let my health settle down a bit, and then we will probably make our final decision on where and start our paperwork.

We are getting closer to starting the paperchase! We have narrowed it down to adopting from Taiwan or China. We are still trying to make a final decision about which agency to use. My husband and I have both been doing a lot of reading and we are starting to get excited about taking the next step. We have also joined a couple of yahoo groups and we have been meeting other military families who are adopting while living overseas.

If anyone here, has adopted from Taiwan we would love to hear your story!

Thanks,
    Lucia
    mom to Noah 2/2003

sams mommy Guest

hi- i am new to this board- i have been in the stroller and car seats boards for awile.
    we are in the process of waiting for a referral for our baby daughter from korea. we live in new york.we are going to the bcis next week for the fingerprints and then hopefully the i171h will not be far behind.
    our son sam, came from korea in february 2002 at 9 months old.

donna jean
    mommy to sam born on 5/18/01

malie Guest

Hi Donna I hope you get your I171H approval in record time. Any idea how long they are estimating for your referral?

sams mommy Guest

hi

our social worker said most likely january or february- when i ask the agency director he says spring like april and be happy if it happens earlier...

donna jean

DH and I are going to a seminar next Saturday on international adoption. We are looking at China, Russia and Guatemala, although Holli's experience has just devastated me and now I can't decide if that really is the route we want to take.

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030604/3/4/1/-5/.png

malie Guest

Beth,
    Holli's experience while horrible is actually pretty rare. Of course that doesn't make it any easier to think about. As with anything there are always going to be people who will want to share the horror experiences they know about (I'm not talking about Holli but rather those who really know nothing about adoption and want to tell you all about a friend of a friend who..fill in the blank). Now doubt that there is any international adoption that is completely problem free but then again I'm not sure there is such thing as a perfect pregnancy either.

I guess what I'm saying adoption like pregnancy involves taking a leap of faith. No one can tell you that it's going to turn out just like you hope it will and unfortunately more often then we would like to think, things happen (in either pregnancy or adoption) but far more often everything works out great despite bumps in the road. If we don't even let ourselves take the leap of faith then that's the only way we can be sure nothing bad will happen but then if we don't take the leap, nothing at all is going to happen.

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Said perfectly!!!

:)
    Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
    * Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast