Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Yesterday we got THE CALL!!

Wow, what a surprise! Our agency called yesterday morning at about 11:30 and said we had been chosen. She wanted to know if we were interested in a 9 month old girl. Of course DH is in Chicago and I can't reach him (FIL having surgery - no cell phones allowed in hospital) Anyways, I said yes, pending on what DH said. Within 2 hours the child had been surrendered to the social worker and she wanted me to come and meet her so I could tell DH about her. Finally Steve called while I was at the agency holding the baby. He said ok - I read him the health reports etc.

Four hours after the first call, I'm driving home with this little girl! Not sure yet if this will go through since birth parents still have to sign papers tomorrow, but we decided to bring her home and get to know her and make sure this is the right thing.

I am so unprepared! She came with 3 onsies, 3 hats, 4 diapers and an almost empty can of formula! I have a note with a few foods that she eats, but no info on how much, how often, what routines - nothing! Of course DS was this age in the winter so I don't even have boy clothes that will fit!

I will write more soon - I have so many questions to ask everyone. Right now I need sleep. I couldn't sleep last night with so much excitement. DH is home now and my mom is here too.

By the way, she is beautiful! Blonde hair, blue eyes and so easy going. She hardly cries, although she did alot tonight at bedtime. I can't imagine what she must be going through, and it makes my heart break for her and for the family who is giving her up.

I'll add a photo tomorrow. Good night!

jubilee Guest

Default RE: Yesterday we got THE CALL!!

OH MY GOSH- HOW WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so excited for you! You must be in a daze from the sudden surprise. A beautiful baby girl to join your family :) Congrats! I will pray that all will work out, please please keep us posted!

holliam Guest

WOW! That's amazing! Keep us posted on how it goes! I didn't even really think about domestic adoptions happening with slightly older infants. Man, I've had months of planning for a 6-month old and I still don't feel ready! Let us know if you need anything and just can't get to the store to get it, etc!

Congratulations!

Holli

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Goosebumps -

I can not imagine the excitment such a call must bring on, and your story just gave me goosebumps, happy tears in my eyes for you and a huge smile...

Amazing!!!!! Please keep us posted...and the biggest congrats to you, the emotions must be undescribable!!!!!!

Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Mommie2MadLyn Guest

HOLY COW!!! That really is a surprise I guess!!! Congratulations to you and your family! You seem very calm in your post, I think I would be flipping out with only hours to prepare for a new baby coming home with me! Good luck, and please keep us posted!

hjdong Guest

Wow! Congratulations! That's so wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures. It's just so amazing how that happens - one minutes, you're maybe months away, four hours later, you're home with a baby!

Thanks for all of your support. We haven't told many here until the papers get signed, and it's fun to be able to share the news with people.
    It looks like everything will get signed later today and then she'll be here to stay. No, I'm not calm - I feel rather panicked! I'm not ready to have 2 kids to take care of! Some days I can barely manage my VERY active 2yr old! I'm trying to figure out how do you get your toddler down for a nap when the baby is still awake! DS is used to his routine of books, song and rocking then nap - what to do with DD? (oh, that's the first time I've said that!) Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure it out.
    Holli, I never imagined an older baby either. I totally expected a newborn. We have been talking about an international adoption though so the idea of an older infant was a possibility.
    Anyways, I'd better go. The house is a wreck and DS is napping so I've got work to do. I will be posting questions in the other areas about things to get (stroller, diapers, clothes etc) over the next few days. I appreciate any input!
    Here's a picture. Sorry it's so big - I still need to figure out what size to make pictures.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9370.jpg

Edited to make picture smaller!

OMG, Jan! How wonderful! I don't post too often in this forum but wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and your family. She's absolutely beautiful.

I'm sure she'll adjust well to a loving, stable home. Don't feel too badly about the bedtime thing. My 8 month-old FREAKS out when his bedtime routine is changed at all (i.e., when either my mom our nanny who knows him and loves him tries to put him to bed). I think this is pretty typical for the age.

Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

sugarsnappea Guest

WOW! Congratulations Jan, she is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your news. I can't even imagine what wonderful, and sad as you point out, time this is for you and your family.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast