1ontheway Guest

Default Welcome home gift?

After many months of waiting on the adoption process, some friends of ours are finally traveling to India today to pick up their son. We're in different states, but we would like to send them something for when they return to celebrate this blessed event. If it makes a difference, their son is around 18 months if I remember correctly (sleep deprived mommy brain isn't functioning well these days).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ETA: Unfortunately, we are on a budget so cost is a concern.

Christina
    and Leah Grace 1/19/04

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Welcome home gift?

Easiest would probably be to find out if they have registered yet and order it off the list (fast, easy, and you know they want/need it). Also, when we brought our son home, we were SO grateful for anyone who brought us food or snacks (adoptive parents get exhausted just like bioligical parents and with an 18 month old after a long plane ride...whew!). Maybe you can send them a meal or gift certificate or food/snack basket? Hope this helps.
    Traci
    ~Connor's Mom~

Books or cds are always great gifts and easy to send in the mail. Tapestry Books.com has a great selection of adoption related books which might be appreciated.

Lucia
    mom to Noah 2/2003

Little Ladybug Guest

We've given this to friends who have adopted! I love it, and it's very affordable. We received the non-adoption version when my son was born, and it was one of our favorite gifts:

http://www.craftefamily.com/craft/block_adoption.asp