Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    holliam Guest

Default we might lose lily

I've hesitated posting this but at this point I'm making myself physically ill from worry so I'd appreciate all of you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers today.

We learned on Monday that Lily's birthmother may be terminating the adoption and reclaiming Lily. It's a very long and complicated story that really has less to do with Lily and more to do with the birthmother and some unfortunate news she has gotten.

Our lawyer in Guatemala and a social worker are meeting with the birthmother today to try to get a resolution on this. My heart is breaking for the birthmother and her situation, and I am totally devastated for us, and I'm worried sick about Lily's future.

I hope to have an update tomorrow, but I might have to go the entire weekend not knowing.

This week has been one of the worst ever, comparable only to when we we were struggling with our only pregnancy which was very difficult and ultimately ended with a miscarriage just before my 2nd trimester...that was exactly 3 years ago at this exact same time of the year.

I am skipping the months of August-November for the rest of my life. This is too painful.

Holli

Default RE: we might lose lily

Holli, I am so, so very sorry that you are going through this. My heart fell even lower reading that you might have a weekend of not knowing what is happening with little Lily. I wish I knew what to say to provide you some comfort.

It feels awful when devastating events cluster together. July and August are the months that I dread because they mark sad anniversaries for me. I'm so sorry that you are going through this at this time.

I'm thinking about you!

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no, Holli. I am very sorry for the turmoil you are going through. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Big hugs to you and your husband.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

OMG Holli! I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and hoping and praying. I can't imagine what you are going through, but please know that you are in many people's prayers.

By the way, both my mom and my grandma, plus my DH's mom and grandparents all died in October. We try to skip that month too.

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030604/3/4/1/-5/.png

amp Guest

Awww, Holli - That is some of the worst news I've heard in awhile. Hugs to you and your family and to little Lily. I have my fingers crossed, and anything else crossable, that she comes home to you soon. Please know that we are praying for you guys.

mharling Guest

Holly -
    My heart started aching when I read your subject. I will say prayers for you as you struggle with the unknown. I'm wishing you the best and strength for the days and months ahead. Big cyber hugs are headed your way.

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

hjdong Guest

I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. I'll pray that everything works out for you.

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default OH Holli-

I am crying for you...I was up in Raleigh today and so wish I knew this before I left I would have come to get you and treated you to lunch or a massage or anything. Though that is nothing to offer...my ear and shoulder would have been there, just some time to talk.

I can not imagine what you are going thru, I just can't...please email me off line if you need to talk I'll call you and do anything I can for you!!!!!!
    Please keep us updated for you know we are all in pain for you...

ALL OF MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE HEADED YOUR WAY...EVERY LAST OUNCE OF THEM....

Hugs,
    Neve O
    Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
    *Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

Oh Holli! My heart is breaking for you and your husband. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hope everything will be resolved in your favor.

Sonia

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Holli--

Hugs to you! I can't imagine what you are going through, but I am so sorry. I truly hope that everything works out and that Lily will stay with you.

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast