Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default We're home--with our baby boy!

We're home and our son is trying to convince dh to play with him at 2am as he thinks it is 2pm. He is doing amazingly well. He hasn't been sick at all, although dh James possibly has strep. I am so tired I can't tell if I am sick too or just tired.

We got our son on the 16th and completed the adoption on the 17th. He's 14 months old and 31 inches tall and 24 pounds. For the first couple of days he cried (well, more like screamed) if one of us wasn't holding him. It was quite clear that the caregivers at the orphanage (2 of them plus the director brought him to us) had taken very good care of him and he really missed them. He did eat those first few days, but not a lot, and would not go in a highchair at all.

Now he wants down to walk all the time. He walks quite well with someone holding a hand and can do a dozen steps or so on his own. He is very active. He distinctly prefers motion--he was very unhappy whenever we had to stand in line at an airport. You can imagine how much fun that was with 5 flights with him--2 of them delayed for 3 hours. Did I mention he screams? His new nickname is 2 poopies because he made 2 poopie diapers in the Wuhan airport during that delay. James and I were pretty close to the only white people in the airport and we had a Chinese BOY with us so you can imagine the kind of attention we were attracting anyway. (The rest of our travel group had gone to Chongquing for their babies and our guide couldn't go through security so we were on our own at the Wuhan airport.) While James was holding him, an old Chinese woman actually walked up and pulled Christopher's diaper out to check and got all excited that he is a boy.

He eats quite a bit now and is particularly fond of watermelon. He says Baba (Chinese for father) and clearly associates it with James. He also says Mama directed at me occasionally. He recognizes his nickname from the orphanage so we are continuing to use it along with his new name from us.

We're thrilled to be home with our healthy, wonderful baby boy.

jubilee Guest

Default RE: We're home--with our baby boy!

Welcome Christopher!!! I am SO thrilled for you all! Hope you and DH some sleep and get to feeling better soon. Make appointments sooner rather than later to get checked for strep, those antibiotics take long enough to work, so don't delay. You need to feel good to run after your precious boy :) Congratulations to your whole family!

Congratulations to you and your family!!!! I am thrilled that you all arrived home safely and I hope you enjoy this wonderful new time together. :)
    Mom to R and R

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yea! Congratulations!! Loved the aiport story (as I am sure he will when he gets older). Feel better and enjoy your new family! Yea!
    Traci
    ~Connor's Mom~

kfcboston is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Catherine -

What a wonderful story! Congratulations!!

malie Guest

Glad you are home. Enjoy your little walker.

amp Guest

Congratulations! You must be blissfully happy! Enjoy it!

bluej Guest

Congratulations! Sounds like things are going wonderfully!

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Fantastic news!!!!

I teared up at the thought of him saying "Baba" to his daddy!!!!
    What a wonderful story, congrats!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
    *Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast