Does it feel to everyone else like there's an awful lot of waiting? Whew. I'm not a very patient person by nature. I'm more into instant gratification! This is sure teaching me to be more patient. I'm not sure that's the lesson I was looking for, but it's definitely the lesson I'm getting! :)

I don't know if anyone is following my particular story. We're currently in the midst of our third domestic adoption attempt. The baby was due on September 19. Last week they told us it didn't look good after having talked to the birthfather. This Monday they told us the birthmother was being induced and she thought the birthfather was coming around, but not to read anything into that. (Then don't tell us!) That gave me a glimmer of hope that I honestly didn't have before. I know I'm not supposed to read into that, but geez, how am I am supposed to not?

Wednesday I called to check on the birthmom (and got the answering service). Thursday they called back to say she hadn't been induced on Monday, she wouldn't be induced until at least this Friday or Monday and she had been asking to talk to us again. Would that be too hard? (their question)

We last talked to her on September 1. I can totally understand her wanting to talk to us again since it's been over 3 weeks. But we haven't had a call since then because that's when we found out the birthfather wasn't onboard with the adoption plan. And nothing has really changed. We said it would be too hard to talk to her again when nothing has really changed.

So, now we're just waiting again. I'm more in a peaceful acceptance mode of it all. At least at the moment! The tears were a couple of weeks ago. Now...who knows! Whatever happens is meant to happen. I just wish we knew an answer one way or the other so we could either move on or not.

Someone said, you realize you could have a baby here next week, how are you planning work (I'm self-employed) around that. I really haven't even let myself think of that possibility. I don't think I can. But it's true. And we just wait....

I never realized how hard waiting could be!

Debbie