Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bursting at the seams and wanted to share with all of you since I know you would understand

DH and I are 95% sure we are going to pursue adopting at this time. I can't believe it. I am so happy and excited I wanted to share with all of you because I know you would understand. I feel like God has really led me to this decision and basically hit me over the head with a hammer (believe me, this is usually the case with me anyway!). DH and I have always thought about adopting a child, long before we even knew I had reproductive issues. It was something we discussed before we were even married. It has always been in our hearts.

The past year has been a challenging one for us. We have made several attempts to conceive to no avail. I swear to you that with every failed attempt, I feel more and more that it is not what we should be doing. I think about adopting all the time. I read all the blogs you ladies post links to. I live vicariously through your experiences and feel like we, too, have another child in the world, waiting for us to come and get them. It is amazing to have this feeling.

I have thought long and hard about where our child would be. I feel like Goldilocks in a way. I looked into several countries I was interested in but have always come back again and again to one. So I think DH and I are going to China.

I am nervous, elated, excited, apprehensive...but mostly filled with a sense of direction and love. I love my family so much and it makes me so happy to know that we will be adding one more to our crazy yet very happy bunch. I love my DH and DS so much. But I know there is at least one more member out there.

I ask you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we finalize our decisions over the upcoming weeks. I am glad that I can turn to all of you here for support and information. But more so, I am happy that I will have the opportunity to join you all in bringing another child into our lives and our BBB community.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Bursting at the seams and wanted to share with all of you since I know you would understand

Melissa, I'm glad that you and DH have reached a resolution in your hearts on this. I wish you only the best and hope that you keep us updated on your journey!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

malie Guest

Default RE: Bursting at the seams and wanted to share with all of you since I know you would understand

Wonderful news. It's probably going to be a journey unlike any you thought you would take (even if you did think about adopting for a long time) and even if there are bumps along the road, you just have to keep reminding yourself that you will get to the point where you will be holding the child of your dreams in your arms

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Melissa, I'm so happy for you both. I began to think a lot about adoption during our miscarriage difficulties. I still feel "called" to adoption. If we want another child after this, I'm pretty sure we will go the adoption route.

Blessings to you on your journey.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Kimberly H Guest

Melissa, CONGRATULATIONS on (nearly) making your decision! Your post brought tears to my eyes. There's one lucky little one out there waiting for you and your family.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :)

hjdong Guest

Congratulations! I certainly hope you have an uneventful journey, that is, until the end! Please post any questions you have.

Melissa I am thrilled for you guys. What a great decision you have made from your hearts. I am looking forward to hearing about your journey. :)
    Mom to R and R

jubilee Guest

I am so excited for you Melissa!! I am looking forward to hearing your journey :) Everytime I read another blog from www.thestoryofyou.com I wish I could adopt from China, and then I read a blog from the Ukraine and I wish I could adopt from there. The important thing is that you have made a huge decision to let your heart grow even bigger and fill it with another child!

papal Guest

WOW! Congratulations on your decision Melissa! How exciting for your family!! Your post brought tears to my eyes. I look forward to following your journey to meet your child in the months to come. I am sure Matthew will be so excited to have a brother/sister!!
    Wishing you the best of luck so you don't face any hurdles and it is a smooth road ahead for you!

Mommie2MadLyn Guest

Melissa that is such exciting news! I have had the desire to adopt for a long time (even as a teen I always said I would adopt someday) Specifically from China. So, I will be looking forward to your journey! I am still in the phase of trying to convince DH that this is what we should do in the future.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast