Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    holliam Guest

Default Can we do an update on everyone?

This board has been far too quiet! :) One of my goals is to reconnect with my adoption support groups, and today marks the day that Mari has officially been home longer than she lived in Guatemala! I cannot believe I have this walking, talking 16-month old kissing me and handing me books and chanting "mamamamma"!

We had a rough start. I changed jobs and had some post-adoption depression but Mari and Daddy bonded immediately. Mari and I finally figured each other out finally several months ago, and it's been wonderful.

We are amazingly blessed with such an intelligent, kind, and happy girlie. She was worth the long wait and losses. As I watch her develop her own personality and take on many of our habits and interests too, there is no doubt that she was meant to be our daughter.

Holli + Liam + Mari = Holliamari :)

Next!
    Holli

Default RE: Can we do an update on everyone?

Hi Holli,
    Thanks for starting this thread and glad to hear that Mari is doing well. I haven't been to the adoption part of the BBB board in awhile. Our big news is that we received our referral today!!!! Our daughter will be two months old tomorrow and we are thrilled! I was starting to become very impatient and wondering if it would ever happen...but it did.

I can't think of a better way to start our new year. We are hoping to bring her home from Taiwan in the next two to four months (depending on the court proceedings). Our son is very excited about being a big brother and he wanted to get on a plane today to get her. We are still waiting to see a photograph of her but we love her already and can't wait to hold her in our arms.

I look forward to reading others' updates. And for those waiting for referalls...hang in there! It will happen!

We are in the very, very beginnings. I called a big list of agencies today and asked for info. We are thinking a girl from Guatemala. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :)

WOO HOO LANA!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

I know you know Holli ;) but to give a quick update for everyone else- we are paperchasing and compiling our dossier! We got our first document in the mail yesterday! We hope to do our homestudy in Feb. :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Thanks! We are excited too! I can't believe we are actually starting the adoption process.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Although I post on other BBB topics, I actually never posted on this one! I am pretty busy on Guatemala and single parent adoption listserves. DD will be 3 in February and came home from Guatemala at 11 mos of age. She is doing great, but I have continued job stress issues (unrelated to adoption or dd). Dd is taking her first class...gymnastics and it is great fun!

Robyn
    single mom to my almost 3 year old from Guatemala

rmrlmw Guest

Hello,

I have not posted here before, but a fried recently gave us the Bargain Baby Book as a gift for finally being in "the book" for domestic adoption. We know we might have a long wait, but are excited to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel after a number of losses.

Thank you to everyone else here who posted their "updates." Hopefully we will have good news before too long! In the meantime, we are learning as much as we can.

Take care,
    Lisa

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our adoption was finalized in October - Zach was born in February - so we just hit his one year birthday last week. It's been a great year - lots of ups, a few downs - and definately a TON of "wow I never realized's..." Neither of us were prepared for what a huge change having a child would be - but now we can't imagine life without him.

We're currently talking about adopting again and researching Guatemala, Korea, China and another domestic - just waiting on some kinda sign on what direction to go. :)
    ~Bill

Hi, I am new here, I loved the BBB and so looked for the forums. I cannot believe there is an adoption forum here!

Our little Ava is 11 months old. We are in PA, she was born in LA. She was 3 months preemie, so I spent over 2 months in LA taking care of her while she was in the NICU. I breastfed with a Lact-Aid, and received donor breast milk from three lovely generous friends, and Ava's birth mom too. We have an open adoption with Ava's birth mommy - it is going so fabulously that we drove all the way to see her for Thanksgiving!

Anyway, it is nice to meet other adoptive (and hopefuls) here!

Hugs,
    Barbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast