Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Can we do another update on everyone?

Wow that's an amazing story. We too went through 5 rounds of ICSI - that's awesome you guys had some insurance coverage - we only had meds covered.

It's kinda like you had a combo domestic/international adoption!

It's funny hearing about PA's rules since the wife and I live here too - but we adopted from California - so we mostly had to deal with CA's rules - which are quite a bit better than PA's. One more post placement visit for us - CA (or the agency there maybe) wants 4.

Are you near Pittsburgh? Did you use Dr. Wakim's group or RHS?
    ~Bill

cmdunn1972 Guest

We're actually in eastern PA and used Dr. Lee. We only did testing, though. We opted for adoption before actually starting fertility treatments. We would have had to pay for the meds, just not the procedure -- still probably about $1000/month cost or so. Those injections are pricey, plus I hate needles. ;)

It is sorta like a combo int'l/domestic adoption. Technically, because the finalization and legal stuff is handled here, it's a domestic adoption. The birth couple is from IL, but they waived their rights in favor of PA's laws.

hjdong Guest

Congrats! That's a great story.

amoetting Guest

Hello

I just joined the forum today. My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child from Colombia. We have been approved and are waiting for our referral. We have been told it will happen in Oct/Nov of this year!

Cheer, Andrea

>It's been awhile and I know that there are probably some
    >people who are just lurking because they are only thinking
    >about adoption but it would be really nice to hear from
    >everyone no matter where they are in the process or if they
    >are just thinking about maybe someday adopting.
    >
    >One of my motivations for doing this is that I think that the
    >more people get to read about adoption the more they
    >understand it and also those who are sort of thinking about it
    >will get to hear more about things.
    >
    >So whether your child has been home 18 years or 18 months or
    >isn't home yet or is just a future dream, let's hear from
    >everyone.

momof1squirt Guest

Hi,
    I just stumbled across this forum this evening and decided to share my story. Not much has happened except we are very excited to adopt a baby girl from Korea. We have to wait until the first of the year to apply because of finances and it is so incredibly hard (as I'm sure a lot of you here can understand.) We have a biological son, who is 3 1/2, and after his birth (and my subsequent emergency hysterectomy) adoption is our only way to build our family. We originally wanted to adopt from China but we are under the age minimum (I am 28 and dh is 29) and I couldn't bear to wait two more years to even start the process. I would love to read about anyones experience with Korean adoptions. I have read several topics here and have gained some very helpful and reassuring words.

Take Care,
    Andrea W :)
    momof1squirt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6