kathleen a. Guest

Default Were adopting from Guatemala can others give feedback?

Hello there!

I'm new here! My husband and I have decided to adopt a child from Guatelmala. We start our homestudy in two weeks! (Knock on wood for us!) Since sex doesn't matter to us we'll probably end up with a boy! :) Can I hear from people who've adopted from Guatemala and what their travel and experiences have been like. I'd love know as much as possible. Where did you stay? What should I bring? Who did you choose to fly with? Was it a good experience? Etc...etc...I'd love any feedback that's out there to keep me informed! Thanks!

Kathleen A.

Default RE: Were adopting from Guatemala can others give feedback?

Congrats on starting your journey into adoption. We're also adopting from Guatemala. There's a great Guatemala board at adoption.com where you can get all the info you're looking for and more. Just look under community/forums/international adoption - there's a board for every country.

There's another information board - The Big List - it's more politically driven - not the typical "Mom" type board and very active. You can go to guatadopt.com to find out how to apply to it.

HTH

Kim