dbirnbaum Guest

Default what to bring for first visit, best carrier for newborn,best bottle system...

hi! we just got a referral of a newborn girl and will be visiting sometime in next few weeks. i am overwhelmed with cluelessness. any suggestions for best carrier (will xpost this on other board), best bottle system etc. thanks! debbie

smkinc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: what to bring for first visit, best carrier for newborn,best bottle system...

Hi Debbie,

Congratulations!!! Hope your visit goes well. Sorry to reply so late. Hopefully you posted about a carrier in the carriers section. For a newborn, I would use an adjustable pouch sling. This is the one area I don't think you should scrimp on, as wearing a baby is a great way to bond, so you may want to try a few carriers to find one that works. I didn't do this with my DS, but would just sit and hold him while he was napping, I really wish I'd had a better carrier when he was younger (eventually found a few options that worked for me).

As for bottles, whatever she's used to will be the thing to get, maybe when you visit you can check it out.

Good luck, and resist the urge to over-spend now. Once she's actually with you, you'll have a much better idea of what to get.

HTH,
    Mary
    Mom to J. Feb. '03
    Homestudy complete for #2, now just waiting