Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UPDATES? In progress? At home? How's it going?

Any news from the adoptive parents out there?

Purely selfishly, I like to read updates (and I finally sent our application to the agency yesterday and now I'm craving news!).

That's my news, we just sent in our application yesterday, so we still have aways to go...homestudy, fingerprints, references, etc. We also haven't totally decided what country/countries. It will depend what happens with the Hague Treaty, etc. But as of right now we're thinking of dually applying to Guatemala and perhaps also domestic (didn't have very good luck before domestically after three adoptions fell through, so we are a bit wary of that...that's not 100% at all!).

Hope everyone is doing well and passing the time okay!

Debbie
    http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: UPDATES? In progress? At home? How's it going?

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for starting another update on everyone. Our stinker from adoption #1 is 2 years old now and getting big and doing well.

Our paperwork for #2 was sent to Korea on 12/18 - and with all the changes there as of 1/1/07 we don't really expect to have a referral until sometime toward the end of '07 or beginning of '08. We're really in no rush though since Zach keeps us running.

Good luck on making whatever your decision ultimately is - we also had a failed adoption domestically before Zach's birth mom chose us so I know how heartbreaking that can be. I can only say that we're blessed things worked out how they did or we'd not have Zach - everything happens for a reason.
    ~Bill

We've been home with Carmen for almost 2 months! She is doing great- rolling over, holding her head up, much better muscle tone, smiling, laughing, sleeping thru the night (well, sometimes!) and eating solids. She is truly a blessing and we all love her!

We would love to start again but are waiting to see what happens with the Hague. Guatemala has our hearts.

Hi Bill and Lana,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share. DH doesn't like me watching "Adoption Stories" on TV anymore (since I always end up in tears!) so this is my adoption fix...

I am hoping that having DS to take up our time this time won't make the whole process the be all and end all it seemed like before.

Congratulations to both of you and I hope good things keep coming.

Debbie

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

>I am hoping that having DS to take up our time this time won't
    >make the whole process the be all and end all it seemed like
    >before.

Having Zach definitely helped us in that respect - I remember how our entire world revolved around our adoption facilitator and whether our profile was good enough or not for prospective birth moms. That's partly why we chose international this time around.

~Bill

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are still waiting...and waiting :) It's been a much, much bumpier ride this time and it is difficult to stay positive a lot of the time. At times, it is a real test of faith and heart. But having DS and knowing that, yes, the process can and will work out (and work out wonderfully!) helps. He is keeping me quite busy, so, while I am eager to build our family, I am also grateful for the time to focus on him, enjoy every minute, and anxiously await the end of the "terrible 2's and 3's" - they will end sometime soon, right? ;)

Congrats to all those who have brought their child home and good luck to everyone waiting!!

Hi Traci,

I see your posts every once in awhile and noticed you had taken the waiting out of your signature. I was hoping all was going well. Sorry to hear it's been tough going...I can definitely empathize with that. I hope you get smoother sailing and good luck to you and your family.

Debbie

newmomto3kids Guest

Thanks for asking!!
    Our dossier was submitted into IBESR (the Haitian child welfare system) on January 17th. We are expecting it to take about 6 months to get that approval and then another 6 months to get through the final court, DHS, passports and visas.
    Right now, I would just be so happy if he came home by Christmas. Our I600A expires in January of 2008 and I really don't want to have to refile that.
    I guess I should update my siggie....
    I hope your adoption goes smoothly, I know there has been some concern regarding Guatemala and the Hague treaty, so we will send lots of prayers and good wishes your way.

Hi Cara,

Thank you for the update! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your new son is home by the end of the year. It must be so hard having already been matched and having to wait to bring him home.

Debbie

We are logged in and waiting. And waiting. And figure we will be waiting for a long time and will need to be fingerprinted again. UGH.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast