I need help before I go crazy.

My 9 mo. son wakes up around 5am every morning. My ped. said to not get him until 6am and then hopefully it will train his bio. clock to wake up at 6am. Some days it does, others it doesn't.

This means that he needs his first nap around 7:00 am or so, totally not normal. If I make him wait until around 8:30 - 9am to get him on a schedule, he screams, is over tired and then sleeps for 1/2 hour. This is what all the books say to do. Then give them their lunch and put them down again around 12 - 1pm. He is exhausted if I do this and take another 1/2 nap if one at all.

He goes down like a champ at night. He wants his dinner around 5:15 to 5:30 and then has a bath, bottle in chair and then bed. Is asleep between 6 - 6:15 and then is up again between 4:30 to 5:00am.

I do know that is a great stretch of sleep but if I put him down later, it does not matter, earlier, it does not matter. I think that I've tried it all!!!

I called Dr. Weissbluth's office, author of "Happy child...". Well, he's $600 for a consultation. I can't afford that for 1/2 meeting.

I've read Weissbluth and Ferber. Anyone who can help, Thank you so much.

He was up at 4:30 this am and is now down for his first nap, 7:55am. Our whole day is a mess.

Thank you so much. Jen