Thread: Hitting

Momof2nOklahoma Guest

Default Hitting

My 16 month old son has been hitting a lot latley. I take care of two other children 3 days a week. As soon as they get get here he will hit them. When his sister gets home from School, he hits her. For no reason. He doesn't hit when we are at church or at other public places. I was spanking him when he would hit and then read that it was just showing him violence. So we started taking him out of the situation and tell him we don't hit we hug. He will go back and hit again 30 seconds latter. I am getting so tired of him being so mean. I don't know what to do! Help!

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Hitting

I have been having the same problem with my 18 month old. My ped told me when he was biting to tell him know when he does it and leave him. When I say leave him I mean if he is on the love seat and hits, then get off and go to the couch. I never actually leave him in a room alone as a punishment. I have been dueing this when he hits and it has really decreased. I make a sad face say no, mommy doesn't like that, leave the area next to him and say no again. He hates it every time.