My youngest just turned 2! She has been using a pacifier forever! She used to only use it at night to sleep and naps at home, never for at naps at daycare. We just got her to stop using a bottle last month by telling her that her new baby cousin needed bottles, so we "gave" them to him. It worked great, and she never asks for the bottle anymore. Since we've done this she uses her pacifier all the time now. Throws major meltdown tantrums if she doesn't have it. I don't know what to do. I know we should have never let her keep it this long, and now we're stuck. I'm not sure if we should try the giving the pacifier to the cousin routine or not. My husband asked the dr. at her ck-up last week and she said it was fine for her to still have it as long as it was the correct size for her pallet. Then watching tv the other day I saw that they should have gotten rid of them by the age of 4mos. I really don't like the idea of her still using it, especially where she talks just as well if not better than my 3yr old. It drove me nuts when she talks to me and she's got that thing in her mouth. She's gotten so she'll take it out now if she's trying to talk though. Any suggestions???
It was easy with our first, she decided at 6 months that she didn't want the pacifier and gave it up, then the bottle came soon after. No problems at all, but with this one, who knows!

Helpppppp!

Thanks,
Wendy