There is so much freaking stuff in the girls' beds, I swear they should be leasing space out.

I wouldn't worry about your DS suffocating. He's old enough that he can shove stuff out of the way (or out of the crib, as Mia does).

Sophia has her own version of FAO Schwarz in her bed along with any given number of slippers, books (at minimum 3-4), a pillow, a blanket to sleep UNDER and a blanket to sleep ON TOP of. She then has her 'special daddy tissues' a/k/a linen handkerchiefs (long story, short - she has a thing for being able to 'dab' her eyes after crying. We used to give her regular paper tissues, but she was independently killing off the Pacific Northwest. To borrow your line - stop laughing.). I'd say that the ratio of occupants (both real and stuffed) to actual space is roughly 6:1. Whatever. She's the one sleeping in there, not me. ;)

Amelia has some board books, her beloved Magnadoodle (the smaller size), a couple stuffed animals, some Little People animals, and several pacis. Mia still has a bumper in her crib, but also sleeps under a little comforter. Mia has decided to outdo her sister, so instead of the daddy tissues, she has washcloths. Yes, my DD has determined that her lovey is a washcloth. Preferably a damp one, although I usually can persuade her to forfeit that for a dry model. Zillions of dollars in baby equipment, toys, etc., and she wants a WASHCLOTH. Sigh.

Again, this is how they choose to sleep. And thank the great God above, they have slept through the night (11+hrs) since they were 8w and 5w old. I've tried taking stuff out, but end up making trips back up and down the stairs all night. Slowly returning all their companions back to their original spots.

So, no worries about the cow. Perhaps it will cut back on having to buy organic milk in vast quantities! :)

-m