As I said, I meant no offense. If you read carefully, I was replying to the particular person before my post. In another thread, she indicated that she was not going to vaccinate at all; that coupleed with the statements she made in this post prompted my reply.

However, "Period, end of story" is still how I feel. There is nothing that links MMR or any vaccine at all to autism. I've done all the same reading as everyone else, and I am very scientific in my mehtods; the proof isn't there. Furthermore, I don't plan on digging and digging until I find one thing that tells me otherwise. When the NJM or Johns Hopkins or Mayo or an accredited, reputable institution or researcher shows me something compelling -- of which there is nothing to date -- then I will gladly pay attention. All I've seen on this and other websites are "a study was done that says" or "my parenting magazine says." That's something called Falsee Authority Syndrome, and if you'd like to read more about that got to www.vmyths.com, which explains that Syndrome.

Now, the original poster's information on Wyeth and Prevnar does add value. THAT'S something to consider when looking into vaccinations, definitely.

Again, I certainly apologize if I seem to be "jamming my opinion down everyone's throats," but honestly, this is a message board for that exact reason. Nowhere did I say that if you don't vaccinate on the exact schedule the peds says you're an idiot. What I said was in direct response to the person before me who said in a previous topic that she wasn't vaccinating, period. I have strong opinions on vaccinations, and based on her and some of the posters here that I felt endangered the lives of their children, I am replying accordingly. I'm not name-calling, I'm not being brazen. This is not a topic on strollers or sippy cups; it's a topic on what could be life or death for your child. I guess my tone reflects that.